An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Pic Here of Your Local Riding For All to Enjoy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Post Pic Here of Your Local Riding For All to Enjoy Reply with quote

I always find it interesting to see what the riding is like where different forum members live. I know some people live near some of the best motorcycle roads in the world while some of us ride on more boring roads near where we live. Still, it's all interesting. Be it in the mountains, suburbs or the city, it would still be interesting to see your local riding pictures. So lets start posting!! Big Grin

will August ever come............
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Me First Me First Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Now .. this looks like avery nice idea to me .. Biking Roads has to be a topic that interests us all I recon. Good move by Bill .. lets hope everyone chips in Very Happy

Living in Southern Spain as I now do .. I'm one of those who have some of the best bike roads on the planet right outside the door .. all kinds of everything and more.

Here is a small selection of photo's of stuff within my 'local' patch .. lets say within a 200 by 200 mile box on the Costa Blanca.

We have weather changes by the hour here, not the season .. summer temperaturs up over 40c then ice and snow in the winter. Dry spells that might last a month or three, Monsoon Rains that can often turn mountain roads into rivers ... and so on. It all gets well mixed due to the land mass and the sea being so close to high 'cloud catcher' mountains Confused

Most of the Motorways (Freeways to you guys in the USA I think) are empty .. The Powers that Should Never Be' charge tolls that make trips twice as costly .. so few cars or trucks use them. People only use them if they need to be somewhere quick.

The normal 'A' National Roads are the way to go .. not so long back these might well have been traders Donkey Trails .. winding their way alongside the bigger rivers (now just dry beds of polished white pebbles, it's called progress apparently Crying or Very sad )

If you venture off the main tracks you can be lost on gravel paths .. no signs, no pit stops, no nothing .. maybe just a giant Vulture circling high above Confused So it's vital to carry some 'survival gear' if you go Sunday Ride Out Exploring Rolling Eyes

Anyway .. that's a bit about my local patch .. who's next up Very Happy

Stay Safe now Y'all Wink Trev The Polar Bear in Spain

[img]http://www.sidecaring.com/trevorparks/Annie_&_Bike_In_Mountains_above_Denia.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.sidecaring.com/trevorparks/Som_ Bikin_ Roads_on_Costa_Blanca_002.jpg[/img]

Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: OK Then .... Reply with quote

Well Guys .. as it stands ..

It would seem I am maybe the only one out here who has any road to ride on Sad

I've been a 'group of one' several times over the years and it does kind of make me think on about what a group should be ? Confused

So Plan B:

If there are no roads near you .. post up some pictures of other things ... like where you live .. your pets .. your pride and joy .. your workshop and tool kit .. anything that might kick start a bit of activity in here. Very Happy

All together now ... !. 2.. 3... Go. Cool

Stay Safe Wink Trev
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Then .... Reply with quote

Polar Bear wrote:
Well Guys .. as it stands ..

It would seem I am maybe the only one out here who has any road to ride on Sad

I've been a 'group of one' several times over the years and it does kind of make me think on about what a group should be ? Confused

So Plan B:

If there are no roads near you .. post up some pictures of other things ... like where you live .. your pets .. your pride and joy .. your workshop and tool kit .. anything that might kick start a bit of activity in here. Very Happy

All together now ... !. 2.. 3... Go. Cool

Stay Safe Wink Trev

here's the only thing I've been riding lately Mad

come on people.....somebody out there must be doing something Smile

DirtyDR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ride to work this morning, 15 degrees and the roads are a sheet of ice.

[url=http://dirtydr.smugmug.com/Motorcycles/3-23-2013/28563671_BCHBSf#!i=2421555652&k=pRccXK8&lb=1&s=A][/url]
1994 R1100RS
DirtyDR

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Fall ride.

[url=http://dirtydr.smugmug.com/Thunder-Mountain-Rally/Thunder-Mountain-08/6935809_XDWx7b#!i=443823098&k=Lj5mvRm&lb=1&s=A][/url]
1994 R1100RS
Dar

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: OK Then .... Reply with quote

Polar Bear wrote:

So Plan B:

If there are no roads near you .. post up some pictures of other things ... like where you live .. your pets .. your pride and joy .. your workshop and tool kit .. anything that might kick start a bit of activity in here. Very Happy ...

Well, I haven't been doing much riding yet this year, so...

Here are the pets, Caleb (dog) and Beau (cat): (picture on the wall showed up here previously in the "Bandito's trip to Alaska" thread back in 2007)

and the project I've recently started working on:

(that picture on the wall is Ms Candy Cantalopes, but her bike doesn't have a sidecar so isn't really interesting)

At least some of the missing parts off the project bike did travel to the shop for some machine shop work in my sidecar the other day, but I didn't get any pictures of that ride. But the weather is warming up and the snow is almost gone, so I probably will be doing more riding before long, and I'll take a camera.
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Dar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Autumn in the Adirondacks Reply with quote

Went for a ride yesterday to look at the fall colors here in the northeast. No exciting twisty roads but lots of beautiful scenery in the Adirondack mountains:

I ended up at the elegant family hunting lodge near Long Lake. Laughing

And I got reminded on the way home that at this time of year, when the sun goes down, it get chilly very quickly. (And the sun goes down pretty early these days.)
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool We could live there Very Happy
Dar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
Cool We could live there Very Happy

I knew somebody would would appreciate the "elegant hunting lodge" Big Grin Big Grin
Come on up and visit sometime, Ralph. But be warned - no water, no electric, no cell phone reception.
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar, you've been holding out on us Laughing You could have been offering up the estate for a national hp sidecar rally or for hp sidecar couples romantic getaways! Laughing Laughing

zentime

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron and I did this ride last weekend. Good fun. Big Grin

http://www.oceanstatebmwriders.com/slideshow139/page3/slidecontrol.htm

SIDEWISE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: No technical roads here Reply with quote

Roads here in the Philly suburbs are not very technical or interesting save maybe the Schuylkill Expy at rush hour when every other motorist is a hairs breath away from displaying their nickle plated hardware. So Ill show you a pic of my newest purchase next to my sidecar. While down WV at the sidecar races I met a couple of HP sidecar guys who also had an interest in MINI Coopers. I believe it was Stuart with the BRG S model and Dar with Justa Cooper. When I asked how to describe the ride they both relayed to me "it's like driving a sidecar" not a bad thing at all. I was growing tired of my Sebring Touring convertible so finally decided on a Justa Cooper 6M after test driving several cars including a Fiat 500C Turbo.

They're right it's like driving a sidecar!

[img][/img][/url]
Dar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NICE Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

I think you'll like it a lot. Have fun Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Dar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still lots of snow around, although it's started warming up a little and a bunch of the snow has melted away. Still haven't done a lot of riding yet this year, but temperature was in the low 40's this afternoon and the sun was shining, so I had to go out for a short (~50 mile) ride. Electric gloves were turned on, and I wore my electric jacket liner, although it was only another layer of insulation and wasn't turned on.

The ice is starting to melt.

There was a truck parked in this "scenic overlook" as I pulled in. As I parked my rig, the driver got out and started walking toward me. Turns out he is another biker, just came over to check out the sidecar and that "strange" front end on the bike. His wife got out of the truck and walked over; we all stood there for 10 minutes or so swapping stories. They both ride Harley trikes.
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: