An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CHS Front shock recomendations ? Drmike ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davebig

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: CHS Front shock recomendations ? Drmike ? Reply with quote

OK gentlemen I can't find an easy way to improve this rig now that we are getting to know each other it works pretty good.
I have a better rear shock on the way. The front shock doesn't work badly considering it's old school doesn't have any gas attachements.You builders knew what you where up to.
On a smooth road it's a religious experience but I live in the frost belt and it gets overwhelmed when they are a little rough it would seem once it's hot dampening can't keep up.
I'd love a suggestion otherwise I'll probably weigh front loaded and unloaded and send shock to Klaus at EPM and try and get a clue that way.
I'm an adv guy but it's not going where this one does !
Haven't a clue how to post images !

Ambrose Bierce
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you did just fine posting the pictures. Smile

this is what we use on the Kawasaki C14 and ZX14.
reasonably priced, readily available and easy external compression and rebound dampening adjustments.

http://www.qa1.net/suspension/street-performance-racing-shocks-struts-and-pro-coil-systems/custom-mount-shocks/proma-star/proma-star-double-adjustable

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hal-dd302/overview/

We get the springs from here. www.PegasusAutoRacing.com

This is an order for 2 springs

185-8-375 Hyperco Chassis Springs, 2.25" I.D. x 8" x 375 lb/in, pair 1 159.99 159.99
Item Total 159.99
Shipping 13.79
Tax 0.00
Order Total (all amounts in US Dollars) 173.78

Obviously you would have to get the correct length shock for your rig. The 375# spring would probably work for you as well but I'm not sure. I don't know what the rate is of the spring you have but it might be engraved on the end of the spring.

QA1 is set up for a 2 3/8" id spring but we prefer the 2 1/4". They look much better. In order to use the 2 1/4" id springs, the spring seat and retainer need to be turned down in a lathe to accept the the 2 1/4" id spring. Hope that all helps.
Bill B

will August ever come............
davebig

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That helps, the closest on the list to what's on it takes a longer spring, but according to that info easily available, probably more affordable than throwing myself at the mercy of EPM or Works. I just saw 2 Kawasakis at the USCA rally both driven by youngsters Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes they both had very short Works on.DB

I hope Claude didn't tell you guys I know anything Laughing I'm getting an education now !

Ambrose Bierce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: