An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's going to the Summit Point West Virgina sidecar races??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Who's going to the Summit Point West Virgina sidecar races?? Reply with quote

The 2013 SRA race at Summit Point West Virgina is June 29th & 30th. A bunch of us have gone to this the past few years. It's been a lot of fun to say the least! Laughing Laughing We stay here
http://www.econolodge.com/hotel-winchester-virginia-VA226?promo=gglocal You can also camp at the track or bring your RV.
Bill M, David G and myself are trailering our rigs down and will arrive Friday afternoon and head for home Monday morning. Ron can't make it this year due to a prior commitment.
Also coming are Ralph, Steve and Jay from Lexington KY. From upstate NY is Dave D. This is not an organized official rally of any sort. It's just an opportunity to have a good time hanging out with a bunch of sidecar people and support the sidecar racers and what they do. If you've never seen sidecar racing, you're in for a real treat. The track is about 10 miles from the hotel. We don't seem to get much riding in other than back and forth to the track or out to dinner. We usually get to do a parade lap on the track as well.

So who else is going??

will August ever come............
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will not be able to make Summit Point this year. :>( June 29th is the day the group that visited KY last year, is leaving for our annual motorcycle trip. This year we will be visiting the Thousand Island area of NY.

You'll have lots of fun at this event, especially with the KY guy's attending.

Bruce.

Bruce
SIDEWISE

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Who's going to the Summit Point West Virgina sidecar rac Reply with quote

zentime wrote:
So who else is going??

I'm going just made my reservation at EconoLodge. I watched the SRA in the rain at NJ Motosports Park Millville, NJ, really enjoyed watching and chatting with them. Wife and I will be riding our outfit down from The Garden State. Looking forward to seeing your CHS outfits.

Ed & Nancy F.
Dar

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:03 am    Post subject: Re: Who's going to the Summit Point West Virgina sidecar rac Reply with quote

zentime wrote:
The 2013 SRA race at Summit Point West Virgina is June 29th & 30th. ... Bill M, David G and myself are trailering our rigs down ... We don't seem to get much riding in other than back and forth to the track or out to dinner. We usually get to do a parade lap on the track as well.

Question Question Question
What's with the trailers and then complaining about not much riding?
It's only a day's ride, you're all leaving the family at home, what's going on here?
Especially that youngster Bill M. , what's his excuse? It's not like he'd be going someplace scary like end of the world in Ohio or someplace like that.
And I know that those rigs could get there a lot faster on their own than you would want to pull that trailer with them on it.
Question Question Question

As Bill noted, I'm planning to be there too, but I don't have a trailer to carry my rig.

The Crazy Guy

ps
check out Clement Salvadori's Road tales column in the June 2013 Rider magazine, particularly the next to last paragraph
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
David

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plan on being there! Smile
zentime

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look forward to seeing everyone, hopefully we won't have any hurricanes this year! Smile Just have to get the trailer ready now Razz

zentime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump

Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump ??????
zentime

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
Bump ??????

Meaning to "bump" this thread back to the top of General Discussion.
Just want to keep this fresh in everyone's mind since we're getting closer to the date. Made our reservations yesterday. Anyone else coming, chime in here. Can't wait to see everyone. There's 4 of us coming from Boston, 2 sidecars. Me, Bill, David and Buddy. Ok, this is going to be confusing with 3 Davids! Our David is the one that delivers beer and thinks the Taco Bell next to the motel is a 5 star restaurant Laughing

Dar

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK - I've made my reservation at the EconoLodge, too. Friday night to Sunday night. I booked a room with 2 beds, if anybody is interested in sharing a room (I don't snore too loud). (send me an email)

Looking forward to seeing the gang again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
zentime

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar wrote:
OK - I've made my reservation at the EconoLodge, too. Friday night to Sunday night. I booked a room with 2 beds, if anybody is interested in sharing a room (I don't snore too loud). (send me an email)

Looking forward to seeing the gang again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've booked one snoring and one non snoring room Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: