An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 European Sidecar Rally Pictures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: 2012 European Sidecar Rally Pictures. Reply with quote

Well we're back home after attending the European Sidecar Rally in Weiswampach Luxembourg and our 3 week tour of Europe. Can't really explain what an experience it was. I think I may have over used the the word amazing but it was. Over 1000 sidecars in one place is a sight to behold. Here are links to the pictures we took at the rally and museum and from the road.

enjoy

Rally

https://plus.google.com/photos/112336370580377112065/albums/5786241386653228657

From the NSU Museum in Neckarsulm Germany

https://plus.google.com/photos/112336370580377112065/albums/5786255639204745617

Our view from the bike, recommend viewing them as a quick slideshow

https://plus.google.com/photos/112336370580377112065/albums/5787268496010331233

will August ever come............
docmike

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've looked at the rally photos (will get to the others)

The one thing I noticed is the variety of front suspension setups. More than one took a little squinitng and head scratching to figure out what's going on. (tried linking individual pictures but couldn't figure it out)

Like the HD that looks like some kind of linear bearing.....

Or several where the front wheel is moved quite a bit forward, guess it would be more stable at speed, but probably couldn't do a bat turn...

Just amazing
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
Dar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee, you took a lot of pictures. Can you imagine how many rolls of film that would have been back in the olden days Question Question Question

I particularly enjoyed the "view from the bike" pictures - pics of what it looks like as you ride through someplace. Not necessarily the places that make you say, "I've got to stop and get a picture of THAT". Just reminders of what it looks like riding through the countryside, passing through a village, pictures of what its like riding through the mountains, not just the couple of spectacular peaks that make you stop to take the pic. I don't have enough of these type pictures from my trip Sad
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can you imagine how many rolls of film that would have been back in the olden days Question Question Question

How many rolls and how much $$$! Digital photography can be a wonderful thing. Very Happy

Quote:
I particularly enjoyed the "view from the bike" pictures - pics of what it looks like as you ride through someplace. Not necessarily the places that make you say, "I've got to stop and get a picture of THAT"

Exactly. In our "golden years" we'll be able to look back at those pictures and remember the feel of the trip. They were sort of "free" pictures because of being able to just take them as we road along not having to go through the stopping, get the camera out and get going again drill. I also have probably 30 gig of video I shot as well. This winter I'm going to try to sort through all of that.

will August ever come............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: