An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question ..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Question .. Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

The Rig photo on Page One right now is a shot of a LEFT Hooker like mine .. as in UK (wrong side of road) style. Although I'm based in southern Spain Shocked

It looks really nice, my kind of style Razz Can someone tell me:

Who built it, Who rides it and (roughly) Where do they live, please.

It looks a little bit Italian .. or is that just the paint job .. I promiss not to steal it Rolling Eyes I'm just being nosey Wink

Cheers Big Grin . Polar Bear
zentime

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Polar Bear but we don't know much about it other than we're pretty sure it's from Japan. The picture was sent to us with some text but we weren't able to translate it. This looks like a newer version of a sidecar built in Japan. I think the front end looks like maybe RDS, I'm not sure. I just found this link to the Japan sidecar club with pictures.

http://www.jsc.org/japanese/index.html

will August ever come............
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Bill,

At least I can sleep tonight Very Happy

Strange how the Japanese ride on the wrong side of the street like us Brits .. I wonder who's idea that was?

How's the new European Rig looking .. I'm sure there are a few of us itching to know Big Grin

Stay Safe Wink Trev. The Polar Bear
zentime

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polar Bear wrote:
Cheers Bill,

At least I can sleep tonight Very Happy

Strange how the Japanese ride on the wrong side of the street like us Brits .. I wonder who's idea that was?

How's the new European Rig looking .. I'm sure there are a few of us itching to know Big Grin

Stay Safe Wink Trev. The Polar Bear

I'm glad to see at least one brit understand driving on the left side of the road, IS the wrong side of the road! Laughing

Working like a little beaver, well a big beaver, on our European Chariot. Big Grin The bike is pretty much done. Just waiting for the sidecar to be delivered so I can start mounting it. But I'm also in the middle of another 2010 C14 conversion for a friend. Sidecar Girl on this forum. Right now that's the priority. Once that's done, I'll get back working on mine.

Have you heard from Keith at all? Would be nice if he could make it to Luxembourg. Do you know of anyone else going?

Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Hold Fire there Billy Babe ..

This 'Right and Wrong Side of Road' thing is still wide open ..

Yes I'm a Brit and Yes my Bike is registered in the UK.
Yes again .. my EZS Box is on the Left Side of the Bike.
However .. as I live in Spain at the moment .. I'm 'required' to ride on the Right Side of the road (well most of the time Big Grin ) .. and that's the Wrong side for me.

Rainbow Annie and I have some good fun overtaking .. I pull out .. she screams Shocked .. I pull back in .. easy. The corner camber (if there is any) is also all wrong for my left hooker .. but I just ignore the screams.

Sidecar Keith is still alive and kicking .. just very busy with all things UK Disabled Persons Care System .. of course both He and Anne are also English .. so kept well to the rear of the queues these days.

Last I heard he was looking at a couple of new wheels and a paint job .. I think their rig (and the built in crane) is around 12 years old now and such things suffer a lot in the UK weather!

I've sent him a quiet email nod .. so we might get something from him on here any week soon ??
zentime

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"This 'Right and Wrong Side of Road' thing is still wide open .."
"I just ignore the screams. " Laughing Too bad we won't get to meet Rainbow Annie! Sounds like she has a great sense of humor.Big Grin

Last I heard from Keith it did sound like he was pretty busy. Hopefully he'll check in here at some point.

Bill

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: