An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

K-bike subframe photos

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arbalest

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: K-bike subframe photos Reply with quote

Please note that there will be changes to the chair side due to changes discussed at this visit to the shop. We are going to build custom sidecar/frame based loosely on the style of the Ariel Atom. So, there will not be a separate sidecar frame and body. That said, this is what I have, so far.

arbalest

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: K-bike subframe Reply with quote

Also note, the subframe, at this point is mocked up on a K75 mule. It will move to my K100 soon.

Mike
Gazza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so the sidecar chassis will give the body strength and shape, cool idea, look forward to seeing the pics
arbalest

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: subframe update Reply with quote

Well, here are some pictures of the subframe/front end to date. We returned the K75 mule back to the shop that was kind enough to lend it to me for this project. My thanks go to Duane and Fred at Street Cycles in Falmouth, Maine.

[/img]

Some welds are still just tacked. One tab broke the tack weld as we were removing the subframe from the mule. My bike goes to the shop next to get connected. I can't wait. Shop owner says he would like to be finished in time for the shop's open house on May 26. I WILL RIDE IT THIS SPRING!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: