An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

05 Suzi bandit/HP Hannigan Bandito questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kamakaziozzy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: 05 Suzi bandit/HP Hannigan Bandito questions Reply with quote

Howdy!
A few questions for y'all.
1. I'm getting ready for a sidecar tire. My bike tires r good. I've been running

185/55R15 82V sportrac
Vredestein
Giugiaaro

Is there anything else out there that's been good in the twisties?

2. A while back I put new brake pads & fluid all the way around. My brakes dragged and heated up my rotars. I couldnt figure it out. (I can ride but ain't much w a wrench) so I took it to a moto shop. He couldn't figure it out so he called Hannigan. He was told to use a spacer. The brakes worked and didnt drag but were mushy. As time went on they got mushier and just faded. What do I do or tell the shop to do?

3. I moved the front wheel as far forward as it would go (further away from the frame). I was surprised by the feel. I expected a twitchier feel (wich I like) less input to turn. What I feel is more input to turn, I feel I have to turn the bars more to get around the corner. Plus the rig pulls more to the left when I'm on the brakes and right when I'm on the gas. More so than when the wheel was closer to the frame. It was in about center in the adjustment. I'm probably gonna put it closer to the frame and play around w it. I was just curious if anyone else has found this or if it's just me.
My wife has back issues and is done riding Sad
33,332 miles
$3,500
Gazza

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe your first post should have been in 'introduce yourself'
can you explain where this spacer was fitted?
someone more familiar with bandito's will be along shortly, but if its worse then put front spindle back where it was for now
zentime

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I don't really understand your brake problem from your description. Maybe you could post a picture or maybe explain a bit more about the spacer you mentioned.

With regard to adjusting the front-end. If you rotate the Center Hub Steering adjustment so the lower ball joint moves forward, that will increase the trail, steering effort and stability. If you rotate it so the lower ball joint moves toward the motor, it will steer quicker with less effort and more towards the "twitchy" feel your looking for.

I'm now using Yokohama S-Drive tires and and like them as much as I did the Vredestein.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=S.drive&partnum=855VR5S&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Please post a reply so I'll know if this information was helpful.

Thanks
Bill Ballou

BTW, welcome to the forum! Big Grin Please feel free to introduce yourself in that thread.

will August ever come............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: