An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Power Commander (2004 Yamaha JR1300)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alcatrazhack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Power Commander (2004 Yamaha JR1300) Reply with quote

I have just purchased a 2004 Yamaha FJR1300, stock. I am planning to mate it with my Kenna sidecar.

The bike comes with a power commander III. I'd like to know if any of you FJR1300 owners who use a power commander can give me some hint for some good mappings. If you have custom exhaust please also let me know, I may just follow you and install those so that I can use the same maps as yours.

I expect my rig to be simple, No front end conversion, no tires conversion. Just mount plus a steering damper.

If you have shock and damper adjustment settings, would you please list them for me too? FYI I am 160 lbs, and the passenger will be around 220 lbs.
Garelli Monza GT
Kenna Sidecar (Project)

Have Pole, Will Crash
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JayBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Power commander? Reply with quote

Hi Alcatraz,
Uhh without a center hub steering front end you shouldn't waste your money on a PC. Big Grin
JayBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, the best map depends on your exhaust system and air filter. But without a CHS front end you will never see what an FJR with a side car is capable of. Cool
JayBoy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have said "you will never see/FEEL what an FJR is capable of".
Ralph

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I don’t know much but I do know spending the money for a power commander will be a waste of good money. You will have way more than you can deal with a stone stock FJR1300 with a sidecar on it.

Regards
Ralph
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: