An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello from Minnesota

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SidecarSanders

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:29 pm    Post subject: Hello from Minnesota Reply with quote

Brand new sidecar owner here. So new in fact, that I have not even operated one, but I'm the proud owner of an R1100R tug with an Armec hack attached. It is unfortunate in that I am located here in Snow country (just shoveled the roof as a matter of fact) and the rig is locate in Aptos Ca. at my Dad's place. So now just like when I was young lad, winter will probably seem extra long and lengthy this season.
So it took me awhile to find you guys and gals and now you're stuck with me

Jeff in the "Driftless Region"

PS I'm going attach a pic, but I'm a dope, so it probably won't work
SidecarSanders

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a High performance unit, but I can still learn from y'all so hopefully you'll let me hang out.

Sanders
Dar

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that it high enough performance to have some fun with. And that's really all that counts.

So, Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum. Kind of quiet around here in the wintertime, but plenty of back threads to keep you busy reading while waiting for riding season.

My own introduction to driving with a sidecar, about 5 years ago, consisted of a couple of hours instruction and practice in the parking lot of Hannigan Sidecars in Kentucky, followed by a 3 day, 1300+ mile ride back home. Dave Hannigan's advice, "Stay on the interstates as much as you can until you've gotten the feel of the rig, then venture off onto the local roads," seemed to serve me pretty well.

Good Luck
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Flint

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Welcome here. Yes, i also think for the moment its enough performance.
Godd luck with it and have much fun !!

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
Gazza

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mate, nice first rig, enjoy Very Happy
SidecarSanders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Dad is sure enjoying it. He's never ridden a rig before but he is "The Toughest 74 Year Old Rider In The World" and he is quite enamored with it.
Come April when I go to pick it up I may have to wrestle him for it

Jeff
SidecarSanders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gazza wrote:
hi mate, nice first rig, enjoy Very Happy

Thanks Gazza,
I'm excited about the new to me possibility's this thing will open up. The riding techniques that I need to learn, the new equipment on the rig, I think it just rejuvenated my riding life.

Jeff

'07 GS Adv
'75 R90/6
SidecarSanders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flint wrote:
Hi

Welcome here. Yes, i also think for the moment its enough performance.
Godd luck with it and have much fun !!

Thanks Harald,
Looked at your website...Hardcore. Wow. Great pictures in some extreme weather. My hat is off in salute!
SidecarSanders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,
I'm with you, about the interstates. I think myself and the little lady will fly out and hotel it back to Minnesota. I hate the thought of missing all that fine camping along the way. We will see what happens though
Really like that Bandito David, never saw one before coming here. That thing is cooler than S#$T!

Dar wrote:
I'm sure that it high enough performance to have some fun with. And that's really all that counts.

So, Merry Christmas and welcome to the forum. Kind of quiet around here in the wintertime, but plenty of back threads to keep you busy reading while waiting for riding season.

My own introduction to driving with a sidecar, about 5 years ago, consisted of a couple of hours instruction and practice in the parking lot of Hannigan Sidecars in Kentucky, followed by a 3 day, 1300+ mile ride back home. Dave Hannigan's advice, "Stay on the interstates as much as you can until you've gotten the feel of the rig, then venture off onto the local roads," seemed to serve me pretty well.

Good Luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: