An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mr P Bear

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Mr P Bear Reply with quote

Trev
Is this anywhere near you ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC92Dfo-14U

http://www.moterus.es/eventos/xxii-concentracion-clasicas-colombres-2009-2009-10-8

Might be interested in coming over if is next year.

Keith
bitontheside

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the P Bear made famous by AA Milne?
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith,

Well ... in a word mate ... NO ... looks like this event is held nearer to you than me Very Happy

It's up in the North of Spain. We are in the deep South about 550 /600 miles away Rolling Eyes depending on how the crow flys on the day.

I guess it's might be posible to 'follow' the old bikes on the ride-out bits, but if not it would be quite a sight to watch them all roll passed Big Grin

However .. Big Thanks for the nod-n-wink Buddy because I was not aware of it, so it's just been put on our list (in ink) of trips to do next year.

Fact is my 'Spanish Dancer' long haul ride-outs book is already fast filling up for next year ...

I'm all booked up and paid up to do the Isle of Man Grand Prix with my oldest mate (we met whe I was 12) A bit of an Old F***s Sidecar Adventure, we will be both sarting and finishing here in Denia.

Then I'm doing the Valencia MotoGP with my Lad .. we have the week-end VIP thing booked and paid for.

I also want to get back up into France with Annie in the chair .. just to tick off a few high places and the odd long and high bridge, as you do Razz

Please do keep me informed of all your thoughts .. we might just meet up again for a coffee and a chin wag Wink

Stay Safe Wink Trev (The Polar Bear called Tango Papa)
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trev,
Oh you could return the favour. Very Happy

Are going to the Manx GP or the TT ?

Either way what ferry are you using for the sidecar crossing.

Going round the course on the sidecar is on my list of things to do !

I'm at the drawing board stage for going to one or the other races at I of Man, you'll appreciate that normal B&B's are out of the question so I'm trying to find somewhere more adaptable and within our price range.
Ferries is the big problem, given Anne isn't allowed to sit in the sidecar on the crossing and bulkhead doors ain't the best for getting upstairs.

Keith Cool
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Keith & Hola to Anne,

Answers:
No Prob Buddy .. I will keep you informed of our intentions and plans for next year as we go ..

As I say .. Already Booked and Paid for two events .. IOM & Valencia.

My Old mate (he's a year older than me, poor old bugger) and I are doing the Manx GP .. end of August into early September.
The whole trip has to be based around the Three Race Days of course.

He will be flying down to Alicante from his home in Birmingham, we will then start and finish our three week 'Adventure' from here in Denia.

Ferry crossings involved are :
Return (Rig and two adults) from Santander to Portsmouth (one niight at sea) with Brittany Ferrys £$€ !!

Heysham to Douglas IOM and then back from Douglas to Liverpool.
With the IOM Steam Packett Co. Again it's Big Money for Bikes and People!

Accomodation is always a real problem on The Island at the TT & Manx GP times .. lots of people have rolling bookings several years in advance! So .. looking and booking everything about a year or more ahead is vital!

Only you will know and understand the extra difficulties that you guys have to contend with when travelling. Anne in her Wheelchair or in the Rig is a massive challenge, I admire you both very much.

However .. admiration will not get the job done as you know .. so I guess you really do need to investigate all other posibilities.

There are probably other Ferry Companies, or charter boats, as well as flights of course .. but I have no info on them I'm sorry.

As far as getting the Rig over to Spain that would not be a logistical problem .. and I would guess (but its only a guess) that the Ferry People would have 'Assistance' on board (a couple of big lads in Crew T-shirts)

I think they might well be legally bound to offer Wheelchair Accress to all passenger areas of the ship .. I know they do have lifts to all decks, etc as required.

For an extra charge (as always, of course) you can book an 'outside cabin' with twin beds (not Bunk Beds) and a large window (not a porthole)

P&O also run boats to and from Portsmouth / Santander & Bilboa, always worth checking both Companies, and thinking very carefully about what time the boat Docks! Once you roll down the ramp .. you need time to get to wherever you need to be .. for your food and a bed, etc!

Always a good chance that it will Rain in Northern Spain .. it's not much different to the UK up that end Rolling Eyes

Well Kiddo, as you see ... there is a lot to consider for most of us .. and ten times more for Anne and You. I can only offer to help as best I can.

Stay Safe .. Sleep in your Lifejacket Wink Trev
bitontheside

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always the Tunnel of course. And then a hell of a long trip down through France!
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris
Bit of a long way to get to Isle of Man Laughing

Keith
bitontheside

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Git - I meant to the Continent! Razz
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ! Rolling Eyes

I think the Isle of Man will come first.

If I do Spain I may go alone on the Bonnie, cheaper just to buy one passport. Question

keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: