An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Italian Bike Rally (and a couple of BMW's)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:57 am    Post subject: Italian Bike Rally (and a couple of BMW's) Reply with quote

Weather was beautiful yesterday, so I did make it to the Italian Bike Rally in Sturbridge, and had a nice ride through western Massachusetts along the way. Lots of beautiful bikes there, here's a sampling of some that caught my eye:

1970's MV Agusta

Ducati 900 Supersport

Benelli 6 cylinder

Guzzi Le Mans

One of the stars of the show was a Guzzi-engined 3-wheeler. The owner said he was inspired by the Morgan replica kits that are available, but this one was built entirely by him

And a week earlier, I visited a BMW Rally at Watkins Glen, New York. They had a vintage exhibition Sunday afternoon, and here are a couple of those:

An R75/5 with a beautiful homebuilt sidecar (reproduction of a German Stoye sidecar)

and an old (1960's) BMW with a new oilhead engine. Nicely done, but some of us were thinking that there is entirely too much engine for the available brakes on that bike

Judging by the teeshirts and shorts in the crowds vs the jackets in Keith's Classic Day pictures, I'd guess that the weather was a bit warmer here in the US for the weekend. Very Happy
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: