An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is a High Performance Sidecars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: What is a High Performance Sidecars Reply with quote

We can sit around and explain all about High Performance Sidecars until we are blue in the face but the bottom line is ride one or get a ride in one and then and only then will you understand what a High Performance Sidecar Rig is about.
This is my thoughts and has nothing to do with this forum or the folkes that run it. This is my opinion on what it takes to understand what a High Performance Sidecar is. The no BS way to understand.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Ralph
bmcsheehy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome. Laughing
2011 Concourse / California Friendship III.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250s
1936 Ford Fordoor Humpback
www.Yankee-Engineering.com
swaybar2002

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
>>Thanks for taking the time to read this. <<

AND....Thanks for taking the time to write it Snail

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

I.S.O.K Sidecar RON-DEE-VOO III ..
First full weekend in August!! Thursday through Sunday!!
Weikert, Pa ..more details coming
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
zentime

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: What is a High Performance Sidecars Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
We can sit around and explain all about High Performance Sidecars until we are blue in the face but the bottom line is ride one or get a ride in one and then and only then will you understand what a High Performance Sidecar Rig is about.
This is my thoughts and has nothing to do with this forum or the folkes that run it. This is my opinion on what it takes to understand what a High Performance Sidecar is. The no BS way to understand.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Ralph

Clapping Clapping Clapping You brave soul, you're of course right.

A lot of what make a HPS is pretty obvious in the same way a Corvette is obviously a high performance car and a 6 cylinder Crown Vic is not. Some HPS rigs have anti swaybars and some don't. Some HPS rigs have CHS and some don't. I think low profile automotive tires, a well tuned suspension with ether CHS or LL, a bunch of horsepower are all necessary ingredients for a High Performance Sidecar.

Personally, as a kid growing up I was always messing around with a string of the high performance mussel cars of the day. Mostly built my own or modified what I bought. When I started playing with sidecars nearly 35 years ago, it became obvious to me pretty quickly, there was room for improvement in the traditional sidecar. While I still enjoy our LPS Goldwing, it can't compare with our Blackbird/EZS. Where the Goldwing sort of floats down the highway the Bird is more an extension of my thoughts and every movement. Whether at 50mph or 100mph. Like Ralph said "ride one or get a ride in one and then and only then will you understand what a High Performance Sidecar Rig is about."
well put Ralph Clapping

will August ever come............
alcatrazhack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can list a whole load of "rules" on how to define one. But the idea of riding one to get a feel is a good idea.

Personally I will just stick with the idea that, the bike itself has to be of a sporting nature, either sport, or sport touring. This actually apply more to the engine itself then the bike itself. If you put a GSX-R1000 on a cruise frame ... I'll consider that passable. Heck, there were racing sidecar that made the rider sit in a cruiser position.
Garelli Monza GT
Kenna Sidecar (Project)

Have Pole, Will Crash
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: