An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Else Riding??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Sidecar Events & Scheduals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Anyone Else Riding?? Reply with quote

Any pictures? How about you folks across the pond?
Bandit Bill

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No pictures, and unfortunately, i haven't been on any long rides in a long while, due to herniated disc issues in my back.

I got the first real spirited ride in last night in well over a month, probably one of the last of the now quickly ending season up here. It was a group ride, with a bunch of solo riders that i have ridden with for years.. bunch of old and semi-old farts like me, only thing wrong with them is that they are all riding single-track motorcycles. Laughing

A couple *insisted* on riding behind me.. they wanted to watch the rig do it's stuff.. i had to advise them of the tendancy of the rear tire to pick up gravel and fling it at them if i started spinning the rear in acceleration/corners.. they didn't care. Turns out, they couldn't match my acceleration going through/coming out of most of the corners to make this a real hazard to them!

I think i edumucated a few of them.. a couple were genuinely surprised as to what a sidecar rig can do. The rider in front of me spent half the ride wondering wtf that 'car' behind him (two lights on my rig, all the time) was doing keeping up and even gaining on him!

I felt downright squidly.. an excellent, end of season ride.
Dar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did some riding a few years ago, before I got involved with sidecars. That's me on the left, with the gray beard. This picture was taken in Sweden, on the way back south, after visiting North Cape, Norway.

Last edited by Dar on Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:49 am; edited 1 time in total
zentime

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone been out riding yet? Any pictures? Just put mine on the road but haven't ridden it yet. Plan on doing a breakfast ride some Sunday morning soon to http://www.parkersmaplebarn.com/

So far it looks like there are 4 of us going. anyone else interested?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Sidecar Events & Scheduals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: