An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Summit Point 2015

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: Summit Point 2015 Reply with quote

Considering the possible consequences of my feeble attempt at humor in another thread, as pointed out by Bruce:
Quote:
I suspect at Summit Point there may be some retribution in order for us. Keep all eye's and ears open and don't say I didn't warn you.
I think that I won't be attending this years gathering of the Internet Sidecar Owners Klub, the High Performance Sidecar Club, the United Sidecar Association, Adventure Rider, and others, at Summit Point this year.

In fact I'm making arrangements to be about 9600 miles west of there, looking at the Terra Cotta Warriors on that weekend.

However, I do have to take issue with one of Bruce's comments:
Quote:
Dar my dear man, you're treading on thin ice here.

With the temperatures we've been having around here, I don't think there's much thin ice around.
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Dar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll, I'm still in China and not returning back to the US until this weekend, so won't be able to make it to Summit Point this year.
Have traveled almost 8000 miles from Istanbul and almost to the end of the ride in Xian China. I (and most of the other riders in the group) am on only 2 wheels, but are accompanied by one of Claude Stanley's rigs carrying a couple of guys from Delaware.
Riding along the Silk Road since early May has been a great experience and it seems like we've been riding forever, but not nearly enough time to absorb all we've seen. Some good roads along the way, lots of fair to poor roads, and too much of deeply potholed and/or bad unpaved roads. Not the sort of roads for our HP rigs. Lots of friendly and curious people everywhere we've been, lots of spectacular scenery, particularly the Pamir Mts in Tajikistan, and millennia of history to try and absorb.
You can read about our adventures at GlobeRiders.com on the LiveJournals page there.
Have fun at Summit Point, and I hope to catch up with some of you guys sometime later this summer
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an amazing adventure! Can't wait to hear all about it first hand.Big Grin We'll miss you at Summit Point but we'll be talking about you! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Found this page with the all star cast!
http://globeriders.com/live!journal_pages/gsr15_live!journal/gsr15_main.shtml

will August ever come............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: