An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Asymmetrical Tires?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dholaday

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Asymmetrical Tires? Reply with quote

I have a 1200 GS + EML rig and its time to [once again] replace tires. Vredestein makes a great tire, the Quatrac 5, in my sizes, but it is asymmetrical.

Is it safe to use asymmetrical tires on a rig? All 3 wheels?

FWIW I need 165/65 14 for front and car, 175/60 or 175/65 15 for rear.

I really don't care that much about treadwear, although I have over 35,000 miles on the OEM Conti front and it is still going strong, but I think it has aged out, and Conti doesn't sell my sizes in the US

Thanks -

Duncan
zentime

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several of us used earlier versions of the Vredestein that were asymmetrical. and they worked fine. They were actually great tires. I didn't notice anything about the fact that they were asymmetrical. I have no experience with the Quatrac 5
Bill

will August ever come............
dholaday

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill. The Quatrac 5 gets great reviews on TireRack, and in European tests.

In my previous, more adventure-oriented rig, I used Vredestein Snow+ on all 3 wheels. Worked great.

Think I'll go ahead and give the Quatracs a try - I've just been sort of antsy about putting an assymetrical on the front.

I wish Conti and Michelin would import their 14" all-seasons to the US.

Thanks again,
Duncan

PS: Hope to see y'all next month at the USCA in Indiana.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: