An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Solo ride from Tallahassee, FL to Jackson Hole, WY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sidecar Girl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Solo ride from Tallahassee, FL to Jackson Hole, WY Reply with quote

I left Thursday on a solo 2200+ mile ride from Florida to Jackson Hole, WY to visit my daughter who’s a chef at the Four Seasons. I’m riding around 500 miles a day. The first night I was in Memphis, last night I had a Kansas City strip in Kansas City, and tonight I’m in Cheyenne tomorrow. Yesterday, I encountered perfect riding conditions, great weather, smooth roads, and no traffic. Life is grand!!!

Today was an absolutely epic adventure. I can't believe it went from torrential rains and hail leaving Kansas City to 82 and sunny. I must have missed the memo that the sun would be piercing through my retinas to my brain for 10 hours straight as I rode across the plains of Nebraska on I-80. It was so sunny at times that the guard rails looked like electric eels swimming toward me and the traffic going the opposite direction looked like swimming silver fish. At that point, I knew it was time to get off the road and chug my orange juice. I can't believe the speed limits are 75 and 80. The bike is running excellent, as expected, it’s so comfy, and fast however, as I'd been expecting, the KIPASS battery died right in front of my hotel in Cheyenne. Luckily, it was after I checked in…all was good since I had my spare new battery in my jacket pocket, and the hour-long hot shower helped tremendously. All in all, it was an absolutely fabulous day! I’m so blessed to have this opportunity.

Observations by this tourist…in Florida, some people have fish mailboxes; in Nebraska, they have stagecoach mailboxes. Yesterday I saw a truck towing a two-stall horse trailer, one side had the horse and the other side had a motorcycle. The cowboy said both were sick and he was dropping the bike off first. I’m so glad he had his priorities in order.

This is the most fun trip I've taken in a while. I can’t wait for tomorrow’s adventure…

Bill Ballou, I can't thank you enough for such a wonderful rig!!!
Pictures of the trip are on Facebook and COG.
Dar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES Exclamation Way to go, Sidecar Girl Exclamation

That's what these machines are for - going places on them.

Having recently returned from a cross country ride myself, I know what you're saying about the speed limits, 75 and 80 just seem strange to us East Coasters. Not necessarily bad strange, just not what we're used to seeing. Although 80 mph for extended periods does seem to make your gas tank get very thirsty, whatever you're riding.

Sounds like you could use some sunglasses or a tinted faceshield, too. But pulling over and taking a break when you realize things are looking strange is definitely the right thing to do.

Just be warned- when Ralph reads about you riding that far, he's liable to make comments about your mental health Laughing Laughing
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Ralph

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Grin Yep there is something wrong with you as well as Dar Smile
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Always nice to see these creations getting used. Big Grin
Charlie from Vermont has 65k on his!!
We need pictures Patti Big Grin Big Grin If you want, email them to me and I'll add them to your post for you.
Have fun and be safe.
Bill

will August ever come............
JayBoy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patti!
Too cool, is that the 4 seasons in Teton Village? Been there its really neat. check out the Jackson Hole Air Force while you're there. Crazy kind of like those who ride HP. Send pics and be safe!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: