An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Greetings from Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pistonbroke Eire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Greetings from Ireland Reply with quote

Hi all. Just joined up yesterday. I'm about to start building a honda CBR 1000f with a Charnwood sports special. I previously had the chair on an FJ 1200 but unfortunately that was involved in an accident and written off. I'm thinking about a home brew hcs front end as I need to fabricate a new chassis and mounts for the chair anyway. Any advice would be appreciated as it will only be my second build. Think I've attached a photo of my previous and first build.[img]http://pistonbroke-eire.smugmug.com/Sample-Gallery#[/img]
SIDEWISE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice outfit. I fixed the link. I especially like the PanEuropean in your gallery. I have ST1100 with EZS RX5 sidecar conversion with automobile wheels/tires.

Pistonbroke Eire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks,I really can't figure out computers. The pan euro outfit is my dads. The FJ was mine, before it's untimely demise but the tub of the chair is ok so that's going on to a CBR 1000.
SIDEWISE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Old No. 7 Reply with quote

I'm particularly fond of Jack's concoction too!

Not much activity on this forum now but there are some knowledgeable and talented guys that hang around here.

Ed
Pistonbroke Eire

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the hub centre steer front ends they don't seem as complicated as I thought. The more variants I see the more I understand so I think that I am definitely going to give it a go. That's why I like this site. There's lots of pictures of home fab front ends.
Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Yep they are all easy to make, we all have them Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: