An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Material suppliers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swaybar2002

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Material suppliers Reply with quote

I do not intend this to be taken as spam but rather as general information for those who may be looking for basic items or materials.
If someone is looking for raw materials or any aircraft type materials there is a place here in cetral Pa. that has been very popular with the racers, race car shops, aircraft builders etc. for many many years. The pricing is typically very fair as well.
This is a good source for tubing (1020-1026 D.O.M., CDS, Condition 'N' 4130 Chrome Moly,Moly square and rectangular tubing, Moly Streamline tubing, steel and aluminum Sheet stock,6061.2024.7075.5052. etc. aluminum bar, round, sheet etc, and many types of aircraft fasteners, clecos, bolts, nuts, stainless saftey wire,Dzus Buttons,rod ends ...blah blah.
Give then a call if you need something that may be hard to find locally or if you wish to compare pricing.(actually it is more productive to fax than to call). They do ship and UPS and there is only a 10 dollar minimum order on shipped items. Yes, they will cut materials to any length desired.
Dillsburg Aeroplane Works
fax./phone (717) 432-4508
Dillsburg, Pa. (near Harrisburg)

Claude
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
SatanicMechanic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks Claude. That's always an issue for me, finding a reasonable source for metal stock that doesn't require a $200 minimum...
swaybar2002

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They stock over a million feet of product covering 300 sizes. The place is low profile , has no sign, is out i the boonies and has been supplying many people and buisnesses for a long time. Kinda unique in today's .
world
If you do contact them ask them for a price list. It ain't fancy but serves the purpose.
Claude Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
docmike

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another source that I've had good luck with is

http://www.metalsdepot.com/index.phtml

I got the 4140 for my swaybar from them,when no one around here seemed interested in selling it in less than 20 foot lengths.
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: