An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bandito parts search

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidecarken

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject: Bandito parts search Reply with quote

I have owned and been riding a Bandit/Bandito rig for a number of years and need to do some maintenance. Unfortunately, Hannigan doesn't seem to have kept any information about the non-stock equipment on this machine, so I am looking for help from some of you guys who have them. I am also a little worried that some things may have changed even in the series run. Right now I need to know about the caliper on the sidecar brake (mine is a Brembo, but I can't source the pad by the number on the backing plate. What are the sidecar and front wheel rotors from? Unfortunately, I am more of a parts replacer guy than a machinist or engineer. I did discover that the sidecar hub is a trailer hub and not from a Mini as Hannigan had suggested. Anyway, thanks for reading and for any help you can give me in my parts search. Question
bmcsheehy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just sent you an email with some information for the front rotor. The sidecar rotor was supplied by Hannigan, can't help you with that one.
2011 Concourse / California Friendship III.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250s
1936 Ford Fordoor Humpback
www.Yankee-Engineering.com
Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
sidecarken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I private messaged you. Still can't believe Hannigan doesn't even know what parts they put on the car.
Qwik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an 05Bandit/Bandito and am looking for the same kind of info. The rig has Tokico calipers on the front with a CHS setup but I need a replacement disc. I?m told it?s most likely a Yankee Engineering front end. Does anybody know what the source of disc is as well as the hub/bearings? Question
zentime

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The front brake rotor is a modified front rotor from a Plymouth Sapporo / Mitsubishi Galant 1978 to 1983' here's one on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252582364872?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=252582364872&targetid=4580153136941816&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=437225723&mkgroupid=1224856224320864&rlsatarget=pla-4580153136941816&abcId=9300907&merchantid=51291&msclkid=5bad337ef3aa146df63257da35d48b63

Here's a link to the drawing on how to modify it. The bolt holes may need to be drilled out slightly. Be sure to check that. Take to your local machine shop for the lathe work.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/udrmvqbfhirfxzz/mitsubushi%20disk.PDF?dl=0

The upper and lower ball joints are from a Fiat 124, you can buy them here.
https://spiderroadster.com/
The lower ball joint needs to be the type that's on the Bandit conversion where the protrusion on the bottom is as short as possible or it will hit the inside of the rim. The upper ball joints don't have that concern.

The front wheel bearing will likely outlast the bike and would be a bit difficult to change. If I recall correctly, we used a mid 80's Toyota Corolla rear wheel bearing hub assembly. It might also be a 1987 Chevy Nova Rear wheel bearing. but more likely the Toyota.

The rear sprocket is a 45t Kawasaki zx11

The wheels are
1999 Honda Civic Wheel Honda-Accessories.com 08W15-S5D-100G (NUTS 9038-1-SV1-901) from NAPA

This is what I have listed for the steering Tierod
86-93 AD 100 AW 100 RAM CHARGER W150 W250

Hope this helps.
Bill

will August ever come............
Qwik

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is exactly what I was hoping for.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: