An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

From my advrider thread

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davebig

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: From my advrider thread Reply with quote

Ever heard of the film Accidental Tourist https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Accidental_Tourist_%28film%29 it was OK, I'm the accidental tuner ! Every now and then I get lucky. Put new Hyperpro shock from Klaus http://www.epmperf.com/
After figuring out I was out to lunch on tire pres and front shock damping I put on my new shock and went out on a horrible road it was way better but all of a sudden things aren't so good and somethings dragging on the right in left turns, its the swaybar ! Went home to investigate.

Well that sucks ! I'm not sure that the collar that insured the bar doesn't come out of the hiem joint hadn't been gone for awhile as it never was as ridgid as my GS rig, I found a collar, they are easy to come buy industrial supply houses stock them. When I reassembled I put the normal weight on the sidecar spindle and adjusted the link (vertical piece with hiem) shortened it so there is just about the width of the bar preload 5/8", not allot of preload just enough that I could do it by hand no forcing things.Put the wheel on and went for a ride.
Very happy between the new shock and all slack out of sway bar connections it's great, never better in my 4k miles of ownership.I really wonder how this thing got so squirrelled up short of my wrong tire pres and damping choices. Big Grin[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Ambrose Bierce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: