An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

toe in ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davebig

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: toe in ? Reply with quote

How much is acceptable ?
Just bought 04 BMW K1200gt EZS Summit rig with CHS , steering was ultra lite 10 degrees of positive, I reduced that to 5 to start with it has 2 3/4" of toe in. What does anyone run ? Previous owner had memory issues, I think the gentlemen’s health was slipping and being in the age group (I'm 65) I felt badly for him.DB

Ambrose Bierce
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davebig wrote:
How much is acceptable ?
Just bought 04 BMW K1200gt EZS Summit rig with CHS , steering was ultra lite 10 degrees of positive, I reduced that to 5 to start with it has 2 3/4" of toe in. What does anyone run ? Previous owner had memory issues, I think the gentlemen’s health was slipping and being in the age group (I'm 65) I felt badly for him.DB

Congratulations on your new BMW/Summit rig.
On the Kawasaki C14/HP we set it up with 1" to 1 1/4"
Because of the size, weight and track width, of that BMW/ EZS Summit rig, we had to balance the caster angle for steering effort with enough toe in to make it track properly. I don't recall exactly what we set it at but I'm sure it was 2+"
Hope that helps.
Bill B

will August ever come............
davebig

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill, I was ambitious today I redoubled my measuring efforts and after loosening things up and determining I was going to need to remove allot of plastic I put it back together and find 1 1/4" to 1 3/8", being new to all this it seems to track straight but requires a really light hand.
It took a bit to learn smooth with my GS rig not to over manage it ! I'll get the hand of this yet. It came with some lead outboard I had it out but put it back in. Onward and forward.DB

Ambrose Bierce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: