An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2013 Sidecar Events

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Sidecar Events & Scheduals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: 2013 Sidecar Events Reply with quote

Sidecar Events List 2013 – Latest issue, 11/14/2012
For additions and corrections, contact the United Sidecar Association Publicity Chairman, Bruce Stephens, 841 Summit St., Bethlehem, PA 18015-3957, or stephens.bruce.d@gmail.com. Permission to copy this list is granted.

All Year Long – Ride for Kids - Events are held around the country during virtually every month, and folks should visit the web site at http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/ , or call 800-253-6530, for more information. Sidecars are always needed.

3rd Sunday of every month, March through October. The Illinois Chapter of the USCA will hold an informal get-together. All sidecarists and solo motorcyclists interested in sidecars are welcome. Located just north of Elwood, IL at Mr. B’s Bar & Grill, 23956 Hwy 53 South (old route 66 about 6 miles south of Joliet, IL. Meet at 11:AM. Questions call Terry Strassenburg 8150427-6959.

February 16 – 18, 2013 - 40th Annual Brass Monkey Sidecar Rally, the oldest permanent floating sidecar rally on this continent. To be held at the Crazy Horse campground on Crazy Horse Island just across the London Bridge form Havasu City in Arizona. Crazy Horse Campgrounds 1534 Beachcomber Blvd. Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 Phone (928) 855.4033 www.crazyhorsecampgrounds.com . For more info, contact Dave Tenpenny 520-762-8195, Jack Zollars 661-949-0805, Mike Smith 661-723-3674 or 661-965-2903 or m.smith5301@verizon.net .

March 8 – 10, 2013 – Y’ll Come Sidecar Rally - Silver River State Park which is just outside of Ocala, FL. You will need to make your own reservations with the park, and the sooner the better as there is a lot to do near by this time of the year and the park fills up early. This is open to USCA members or non-members, hack or solo bikes, we don’t care. This is a casual rally with a hobo stew dinner on Friday night, please bring a food item to add to the stew or something to go along with it. The coffee pot is always on during the day, snacks available, guided ride, sidecar games, door prizes and a dinner ride on Saturday night. The rally is sanctioned by the United Sidecar Association and the registration fee is $25 with $10 off for USCA members. The state park website is http://www.floridastateparks.org/silverriver/default.cfm . For more information, contact Stuart Pierce, 8721-1 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32216, 904-614-5452, se_director@sidecar.com

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidecar Events List 2013 - Latest issue as of 12/11/2012

All Year Long – Ride for Kids - Events are held around the country during virtually every month, and folks should visit the web site at http://www.pbtfus.org/rideforkids/ , or call 800-253-6530, for more information. Sidecars are always needed.

January 18 – 20, 2012 – 5th Annual Shut Up and Pick Your Hero Campout - MLK Weekend, which happens to be right near RE Lee's birthday, so there is something for everyone! Royston, GA, the home of Ty Cobb, at Victoria Bryant State Park. Just a campout. Dress warm, bring your "4 season" tent, ceramic heater, a really good sleeping bag, your rig and a sense of humor. If we are lucky it will snow. Bunch of neat stuff nearby and we will be riding, regardless of the weather. Campground has camping shelters so one can camp out of the weather, I'll be in one. Sights have electricity. If you have a 30 amp connector/converter. bring it. James Allmond 478-471-9153.

3rd Sunday of every month, March through October. The Illinois Chapter of the USCA will hold an informal get-together. All sidecarists and solo motorcyclists interested in sidecars are welcome. Located just north of Elwood, IL at Mr. B’s Bar & Grill, 23956 Hwy 53 South (old route 66 about 6 miles south of Joliet, IL. Meet at 11:AM. Questions call Terry Strassenburg 8150427-6959.

February 16 – 18, 2013 - 40th Annual Brass Monkey Sidecar Rally, the oldest permanent floating sidecar rally on this continent. To be held at the Crazy Horse campground on Crazy Horse Island just across the London Bridge form Havasu City in Arizona. Crazy Horse Campgrounds 1534 Beachcomber Blvd. Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403 Phone (928) 855.4033 www.crazyhorsecampgrounds.com . For more info, contact Dave Tenpenny 520-762-8195, Jack Zollars 661-949-0805, Mike Smith 661-723-3674 or 661-965-2903 or m.smith5301@verizon.net .

March 8 – 10, 2013 – Y’ll Come Sidecar Rally - Silver River State Park which is just outside of Ocala, FL. You will need to make your own reservations with the park, and the sooner the better as there is a lot to do near by this time of the year and the park fills up early. This is open to USCA members or non-members, hack or solo bikes, we don’t care. This is a casual rally with a hobo stew dinner on Friday night, please bring a food item to add to the stew or something to go along with it. The coffee pot is always on during the day, snacks available, guided ride, sidecar games, door prizes and a dinner ride on Saturday night. The rally is sanctioned by the United Sidecar Association and the registration fee is $25 with $10 off for USCA members. The state park website is http://www.floridastateparks.org/silverriver/default.cfm . For more information, contact Stuart Pierce, 8721-1 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32216, 904-614-5452, se_director@sidecar.com .

April 25 – 28, 2013 – Sidecars In The Smokies - The 2nd Annual North Carolina’s Sidecars in the Smokeys Rally. To be held at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Campground, 1755 Lower Stecoah Road, Robbinsville, NC 28771. On site camping reservations will be taken by the Iron Horse Campground call 828-479-3864, or info@ironhorseNC.com. Their website is www.ironhorseNC.com . Make them ASAP.

Rally pre-registration is required by April 1, 2013. Pre-registration includes a rally shirt. A prime rib dinner will be served on Saturday night to all who are registered. Registration is $35 per person. For more details contact Cliff Cyphers 1963 Old Murphy Road, Franklin, NC 28734, 828-369-8060, maconcba@yahoo.com, or check out the USCA website at www.sidecar.com .

May 3 – 5, 2013 - The Texas Ural Riders Division of the Soviet Steeds have once again invited us to join them for the Spring TURD -- our East Texas Sidecar Muster. To be held at Holly Park Marina on Toledo Bend Reservoir near Milam, Texas: www.hollyparkmarina.com . For more info, consult the USCA Events Forum or contact Lee at rleeryder@bellsouth.net or 318-393-7454.

June 20 – 23, 2013 – Hack’n & Grin’n in the Ozarks – The United Sidecar Association 35th Annual National Rally will be held at the Stone County Fairgrounds, 900 Park Ave. Mountain View, Arkansas. All motorcyclist are welcome, with and without sidecars. Tent camping on the Fairgrounds (no hook ups) $5 per night – Wednesday thru Saturday nights. RV & tent spaces with hook ups are available across the street at the Ozark RV Park. 870-269-2542, www.ozarkrvpark.com . For other lodging options see www.sidecar.com/rally.asp .

Rally fee $30 USCA member by May 31st, non member $40 by May 31st, USCA member after May 31st $35, non member after May 31st $45, children 12-15 $15. For registration forms and payment options see the USCA website www.sidecar.com/rally.asp , or contact Lee Coltharp, 8937 Rosewood Lane, Shreveport, LA 71118-2724, 318-393-7454.

August 22 – 29, 2013 - The Vintage Motorcycle Club in the Isle of Man is organizing a motorcycle and sidecar rally, this is to coincide with the Classic TT races and the MGP Races and there is free time to watch the racing or explore our beautiful Island. Each year the Rally is themed and 2013 will celebrate the sidecar from start to modern day. One of our special events is called the VMCC Festival of Jurby, which is the largest one day event on the Island and attracted 14,000 visitors in 2012. This takes the form of track session parades, similar to the VMCC Festival of 1,000 Bikes that takes place in the UK. It is also attended by many celebrity racers, and past and present T.T. and MGP riders. Hundreds of vintage and classic bikes attend, there is an avenue of bike clubs as well as thousands of modern bikes, the track sessions are only available to entrants and we are wanting to stage some sidecar parades as well as static displays in one of the marquees.

If any of your members would like to come over for a holiday, the VMCC Isle of Man Section would be pleased to help with any of their queries. More can be found on our Section web site and entry forms will be available from the end of December www.vmcciom.org click on Manx Rally. Regards Tony East. Secretary. Vintage Motor Cycle Club Isle of Man Section.

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidecar Events List. Latest issue as of 1/1/2013. Bruce.

January 18 – 20, 2012 – 5th Annual Shut Up and Pick Your Hero Campout - MLK Weekend, which happens to be right near RE Lee's birthday, so there is something for everyone! Royston, GA, the home of Ty Cobb, at Victoria Bryant State Park. Just a campout. Dress warm, bring your "4 season" tent, ceramic heater, a really good sleeping bag, your rig and a sense of humor. If we are lucky it will snow. Bunch of neat stuff nearby and we will be riding, regardless of the weather. Campground has camping shelters so one can camp out of the weather, I'll be in one. Sights have electricity. If you have a 30 amp connector/converter. bring it. James Allmond 478-471-9153.

March 8 – 10, 2013 – Y’ll Come Sidecar Rally - Silver River State Park which is just outside of Ocala, FL. You will need to make your own reservations with the park, and the sooner the better as there is a lot to do near by this time of the year and the park fills up early. This is open to USCA members or non-members, hack or solo bikes, we don’t care. This is a casual rally with a hobo stew dinner on Friday night, please bring a food item to add to the stew or something to go along with it. The coffee pot is always on during the day, snacks available, guided ride, sidecar games, door prizes and a dinner ride on Saturday night. The rally is sanctioned by the United Sidecar Association and the registration fee is $25 with $10 off for USCA members. The state park website is http://www.floridastateparks.org/silverriver/default.cfm . For more information, contact Stuart Pierce, 8721-1 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32216, 904-614-5452, se_director@sidecar.com .

April 25 – 28, 2013 – Sidecars In The Smokies - The 2nd Annual North Carolina’s Sidecars in the Smokeys Rally. To be held at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Campground, 1755 Lower Stecoah Road, Robbinsville, NC 28771. On site camping reservations will be taken by the Iron Horse Campground call 828-479-3864, or info@ironhorseNC.com. Their website is www.ironhorseNC.com . Make them ASAP.

Rally pre-registration is required by April 1, 2013. Pre-registration includes a rally shirt. A prime rib dinner will be served on Saturday night to all who are registered. Registration is $35 per person. For more details contact Cliff Cyphers 1963 Old Murphy Road, Franklin, NC 28734, 828-369-8060, maconcba@yahoo.com, or check out the USCA website at www.sidecar.com .

May 3 – 5, 2013 - The Texas Ural Riders Division of the Soviet Steeds have once again invited us to join them for the Spring TURD -- our East Texas Sidecar Muster. To be held at Holly Park Marina on Toledo Bend Reservoir near Milam, Texas: www.hollyparkmarina.com . For more info, consult the USCA Events Forum or contact Lee at rleeryder@bellsouth.net or 318-393-7454.

May 4, 2013 – The Real Cannonball – Manhattan, NY to Redondo Beach, CA. Contact the Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org or Alan Spears msilsf@yahoo.com to see if scooters with sidecars are eligible to enter this event.

June 20 – 23, 2013 – Hack’n & Grin’n in the Ozarks – The United Sidecar Association 35th Annual National Rally will be held at the Stone County Fairgrounds, 900 Park Ave. Mountain View, Arkansas. All motorcyclist are welcome, with and without sidecars. Tent camping on the Fairgrounds (no hook ups) $5 per night – Wednesday thru Saturday nights. RV & tent spaces with hook ups are available across the street at the Ozark RV Park. 870-269-2542, www.ozarkrvpark.com . For other lodging options see www.sidecar.com/rally.asp .

Rally fee $30 USCA member by May 31st, non member $40 by May 31st, USCA member after May 31st $35, non member after May 31st $45, children 12-15 $15. For registration forms and payment options see the USCA website www.sidecar.com/rally.asp , or contact Lee Coltharp, 8937 Rosewood Lane, Shreveport, LA 71118-2724, 318-393-7454.

August 22 – 29, 2013 - The Vintage Motorcycle Club in the Isle of Man is organizing a motorcycle and sidecar rally, this is to coincide with the Classic TT races and the MGP Races and there is free time to watch the racing or explore our beautiful Island. Each year the Rally is themed and 2013 will celebrate the sidecar from start to modern day. One of our special events is called the VMCC Festival of Jurby, which is the largest one day event on the Island and attracted 14,000 visitors in 2012. This takes the form of track session parades, similar to the VMCC Festival of 1,000 Bikes that takes place in the UK. It is also attended by many celebrity racers, and past and present T.T. and MGP riders. Hundreds of vintage and classic bikes attend, there is an avenue of bike clubs as well as thousands of modern bikes, the track sessions are only available to entrants and we are wanting to stage some sidecar parades as well as static displays in one of the marquees.

If any of your members would like to come over for a holiday, the VMCC Isle of Man Section would be pleased to help with any of their queries. More can be found on our Section web site and entry forms will be available from the end of December www.vmcciom.org click on Manx Rally. Regards Tony East. Secretary. Vintage Motor Cycle Club Isle of Man Section.

May 4, 2014 – T.T. 375 Mile Extreme Endurance Race – To be held in Lake Tahoe, CA. Hosted by the Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation. For more information see www.meetup.com/beach-citys-scooter-club/events/96655032/?a=socialmedia , or Alan Spears msilsf@yahoo.com , to see if scooters with sidecars are eligible for this event.

September 20 – 21, 2014 – Golden State 850 Mile Extreme Endurance Race – Crescent City, CA to San Diego, CA. Hosted by the Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation. For more information see www.meetup.com/beach-citys-scooter-club/events/96655032/?a=socialmedia , or Alan Spears msilsf@yahoo.com . Motor-Scooters with sidecars are welcome to enter this event.

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the correct date. Bruce

January 18 – 20, 2013 – 5th Annual Shut Up and Pick Your Hero Campout - MLK Weekend, which happens to be right near RE Lee's birthday, so there is something for everyone! Royston, GA, the home of Ty Cobb, at Victoria Bryant State Park. Just a campout. Dress warm, bring your "4 season" tent, ceramic heater, a really good sleeping bag, your rig and a sense of humor. If we are lucky it will snow. Bunch of neat stuff nearby and we will be riding, regardless of the weather. Campground has camping shelters so one can camp out of the weather, I'll be in one. Sights have electricity. If you have a 30 amp connector/converter. bring it. James Allmond 478-471-9153.

Bruce
JayBoy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce, what's up with the Maggie Valley Gathering? Has a date been set?
scootermeister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: The Real Cannonball ~ World's Most Extreme Endurance Race Reply with quote

bruce_in_pa18015, Thank you very much for posting The Real Cannonball. The answer to the question posed in the announcement, are scooter/sidecar rigs eligible to enter, is an emphatic "YES"! Entries may be completed by visiting www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org. We'll run the class with just one sidecar so long as someone enters a rig. Sidecars are not eligible, however, to compete for the 1st Place Overall prize of $1,000.00. We're not able to regulate the one rider/one scooter rule where passengers are or may be involved. There's nothing I'd rather see entered in this epic race than a neatly prepped outfit. Regards, Alan, aka Scootermeister.
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidecar Events List 2013 – Latest issue, 1/31/2013
For additions and corrections, contact the United Sidecar Association Publicity Chairman, Bruce Stephens, 841 Summit St., Bethlehem, PA 18015-3957, or stephens.bruce.d@gmail.com. Permission to copy this list is granted.

3rd Sunday of every month, the Illinois Chapter of the USCA will hold an informal get-together. All sidecarists and solo motorcyclists interested in sidecars are welcome. Located just north of Elwood, IL at Mr. B’s Bar & Grill, 23956 Hwy 53 South (old route 66 about 6 miles south of Joliet, IL. Meet at 11:AM. Questions call Terry Strassenburg 815-427-6959.

January 18 – 20, 2013 – 5th Annual Shut Up and Pick Your Hero Campout - MLK Weekend, which happens to be right near RE Lee's birthday, so there is something for everyone! Royston, GA, the home of Ty Cobb, at Victoria Bryant State Park. Just a campout. Dress warm, bring your "4 season" tent, ceramic heater, a really good sleeping bag, your rig and a sense of humor. If we are lucky it will snow. Bunch of neat stuff nearby and we will be riding, regardless of the weather. Campground has camping shelters so one can camp out of the weather, I'll be in one. Sights have electricity. If you have a 30 amp connector/converter. bring it. James Allmond 478-471-9153.

March 8 – 10, 2013 – Y’ll Come Sidecar Rally - Silver River State Park which is just outside of Ocala, FL. You will need to make your own reservations with the park, and the sooner the better as there is a lot to do near by this time of the year and the park fills up early. This is open to USCA members or non-members, hack or solo bikes, we don’t care. This is a casual rally with a hobo stew dinner on Friday night, please bring a food item to add to the stew or something to go along with it. The coffee pot is always on during the day, snacks available, guided ride, sidecar games, door prizes and a dinner ride on Saturday night. The rally is sanctioned by the United Sidecar Association and the registration fee is $25 with $10 off for USCA members. The state park website is http://www.floridastateparks.org/silverriver/default.cfm . For more information, contact Stuart Pierce, 8721-1 Atlantic Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32216, 904-614-5452, se_director@sidecar.com

April 27, 2013 – 6th Annual Paso Robles Vintage Sidecar & Two-Wheel Motorcycle Rendevous. Pre-1970 Vintage Motorcycles. Held between 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Location will be the Paso Robles City Park, on the pine street side of the park, enter on 11th street. No Dogs allowed in city park. For more information contact Karyl Lammers americanmcstuff@gmail.com or call 805-238-4103 or email info@pasoroblesdowntown.org .

May 4, 2013 – The Real Cannonball – Manhattan, NY to Redondo Beach, CA. For more information contact the Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation www.motorscooterlandspeedfederation.org or Alan Spears msilsf@yahoo.com . Scooters with sidecars are eligible to enter this event.

May 4 - 5, 2013 – Sidecar Racers Association East – Shannonville Motorsports Park, Ontario, Canada. RACE school and test days. For more info see www.sidecarracers.com .

May 18 - 19, 2013 – Sidecar Racers Association East – Shannonville Motorsports Park, Ontario, Canada. Pro Track. RACE. For more info see www.sidecarracers.com .

May 31 – June 2, 2013 – 10th Annual Skunks in ’Da Woods Sidecar Rally at Pioneer Village Museum, Cameron Wisconsin. All are welcome. For more information contact Kevin Hahn 715-458-0894 or kevin@scramblercycle.com or http://www.skunktails.com/

June 7 - 9, 2013 – 19th Annual Howdy Summer Sidecar Rally will be presented by the Georgia Sidecar Club and held at….. More to follow.

June 7 – 9, 2013 – 2013 POW WOW. Hosted by the Illinois Chapter of the USCA, in conjunction with the BMW Air Heads. Located in Pontiac, IL at the 4H Campground. Clean Showers, community campfire, camping fee: $12 per tent, per night. Don’t have the whole weekend free? Come on out and spend Saturday with us! Lots of shade, big pavilion and great people. For more info, contact Terry Strassenburg 815-427-6959.

June 14 – 16, 2013 – 4th Annual Festival of Sidecars at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. Hosted by the Sidecar Racers Association (SRA) in conjunction with the Loudon Classic. LRRS/CSS…. More to follow.

June 29 - 30, 2013 – Sidecar Racers Association East. Summit Point Raceway, West Virginia - CCS. For more info see www.sidecarracers.com .

July 20 - 21, 2013 – Sidecar Racers Association East – New Jersey Motorsport Park, Thunderbolt Track. – CCS. For more info see www.sidecarracers.com .

July 26 – 28, 2013 - The 30th Bigfoot Rendezvous will be held in Balfour, BC, Canada, at the Toad Rock Motorcycle Campground at Kootenay Lake near the south east corner of British Columbia. This location is just above Bonners Ferry, Idaho, USA and has some of the best scenery and riding you will ever experience. Participants are responsible for making their own reservations at the campground. www.toadrockcampground.com/reservations/ or 877-229-5448.

The campground offers a number of unique and fun camping options. Ask for “special discounts” if your motorcycle is over 30 years old. Please do not ask them about rally information as they will not have it. For more rally information use the form in “Contact Us” on the main menu at www.bigfootsidecarclub.com , or email direct to rendezvous@bigfootsidecarclub.com .

For 2013 we are planning to mix some of the usual fun sidecar events with a few new ones. Due to the recent growth of the Adventure sidecar segment to our sport we are including a new “Cross Country” event. This area is known for its many mining and logging roads and offers many opportunities to explore the back country.

Please note that Back Country or Off Road adventures should include at least two bikes as cell phone reception is very limited in these mountainous areas, and it could be a long walk home.

July 27, 2013 - Heindl Engineering, LLC 7th annual Rally and Open House All Day Saturday at your friendly Ural/Royal Enfield Dealer. All makes and models welcome. Free Food & Refreshments, Door Prizes and Good Times. Cash Grand Prize Drawing on Saturday Evening. Help make this year the largest yet and enjoy great times with friends. Contact: Sales@heindlengineering.com or call (937) 787-3686.

August 16 - 18, 2013 Northeast-3-Wheelers Laid Back Vermont Campout. Bald Mountain Campground in Townshend, Vermont. Call Butch Cross at 413-519-0015 or goneagain07@yahoo.com for more info. Campground 802-365-7510.

August 22 – 25, 2013 – Sidecars In The Flint Hills. All motorcyclist welcome. – Council Grove Lake, Canning Creek Cove Group Area S-2, Council Grove, Kansas. Pre-registration $30 USCA Members, non-members $35.00 at the gate $5.00 more, children free. For more information and directions, contact Joyce Canfield, 5201 Cook Road, St. Joseph, MO 64505, 816-232-2726, cell 816-390-4132, or, jhcn92@gmail.comhttp://jhcn92.wordpress.com .

August 31 – Sept 1, 2013 - Sidecar Racers Association East – Shannonville Motorsports Park, Ontario, Canada. Long Track – RACE. For more info see www.sidecarracers.com .

September 15, 2013 – 42nd Griffith Park Sidecar Rally – Upper Parking Lot #2, Merry-Go-Round, Griffith Park, Los Angeles, CA. USA – Contact Doug Bingham, 15838 Arminta Street, Unit 25, Van Nuys, CA 91406, 818-780-5542, Fax 818-780-5542, sidecars@sidestrider.com – Sunday 9 AM – 3 PM, spectators free. More details see www.sidecar-industry.com

September 21 - 22, 2013 - Sidecar Racers Association East – Shannonville Motorsports Park, Ontario, Canada. Pro-Track. RACE. For more info see www.sidecarracers.com .

September 27 – 29, 2013 - New England Moto Guzzi Club and Northeast-3-Wheelers Rally. To be held at Camp Stanica, Rt. 181 Palmer (Bondsville) MA. Pre-registration before Sept. 1st $40 after $45 Children ages 6 to 12 $20 Five years and under Free. Rally includes, 2 nights camping, Friday nights stew, Sat. and Sun. morning breakfast, and Sat. night supper. Plenty of room for RV’s at no additional cost. Must be self contained.

Cabins with bunks are available on a first come basis for an extra charge. Day fees are welcome with an option to purchase meals. A Saturday lunch is also available. All motorcycles are welcome. For more information and directions please call Butch Cross at (413) 519-0015, Donna Griggs at 860-749-3393 cell 413-531-1586, or Dale Cochran at (413) 596-8295.

May 4, 2014 – T.T. 375 Mile Extreme Endurance Race – To be held in Lake Tahoe, CA. Hosted by the Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation. For more information see www.meetup.com/beach-citys-scooter-club/events/96655032/?a=socialmedia , or Alan Spears msilsf@yahoo.com . Motor-scooters with sidecars are eligible for this event.

September 20 – 21, 2014 – Golden State 850 Mile Extreme Endurance Race – Crescent City, CA to San Diego, CA. Hosted by the Motor-Scooter International Land-Speed Federation. For more information see www.meetup.com/beach-citys-scooter-club/events/96655032/?a=socialmedia , or Alan Spears msilsf@yahoo.com . Motor-Scooters with sidecars are welcome to enter this event.

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest additions as of 2/28/2013. Bruce.

May 16th - 19th, 2013 "The Fifth" Annual Chelan Sidecar Rally CSR5, Chelan, WA. (HQ – Lake Chelan State Park). Pre Rally Dinner Wednesday 15th..., Lady of the Lake Night Cruise, Group Ride to BBQ & Group Portrait, Treasure Hunt, Poker Run, Show-n-Shine, Friday Night Drive-in Movie/Dinner/Live Music, Breakfast Awards Party (Sunday morning), Free Coffee and donuts in the morning, and a few other events. For more information go to www.chelanrally.com , or contact d’Lynn at info@chelanrally.com.

CSR Phase Two - Sunday 19th - Tuesday 21st.., guided back-roads camping adventure.

June 7 - 9, 2013 - 3x3x3 Gathering to be held in Fenimore, Wisconsin at the Comfort Plus Motel (Napp's Motel) 608-822-7587. Room Rates: 1 person 1 bed $35.00, 2 persons 1 bed $40.00, 2 persons 2 beds $60.00, ask for the Pape group.

We will spend the days riding around the area and seeing the sites returning to the motel each afternoon. This ride is for the most part Ural sidecar motorcycles but anyone is welcome to join in.

The lady I talked to owned this place six years ago. The people that tried to buy/run it last, just walked away from it and it got dumped back in this ladies lap. The rooms are older but she is trying to bring things back up to speed. The rooms on the website look OK but the website is from the old owners.

She is putting us in the backside of the motel so we have our own little gathering area. We may have to figure out trailer parking. As many of you know the 3x3x3 stands for 3 States, 3 Wheels, 3 days. If anybody has any questions about the ride contact Lee or Nancy Pape at: sidecarring@gmail.com

June 14 – 16, 2013 – 4th Annual Festival of Sidecars at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. Hosted by the Sidecar Racers Association (SRA) in conjunction with the Loudon Classic. LRRS/CSS

Sidecar Racing Team Information:

Teams will be allowed to get into the track Thursday June 14th after 4:00pm. Race entry fees and gate and infield passes are FREE to all Sidecar team drivers and passengers. Anyone else with the team pays $25.00 for the weekend or $10.00 per day for infield passes. Sidecar teams pay $25.00 for weekend infield camping complete with power and water hookups. This is an invitation for all Sidecar teams from any club. If you have a rig, show up and you get 3 days of FREE RACING. We break the Sidecars into 2 classes modern (F-I, F-II, & P-3) and vintage (P-I & P-II) and each class gets a practice and a race on each day (Fri., Sat. & Sun.) Trophies are provided by NHMS for 1st, 2nd. & 3rd place champions in both modern and vintage classes. For more information contact www.nhms.com or contact Jim Laura at 603-227-9700 or email aqital@hotmail.com .

Spectator Information:

Spectators pay a $25 “gate fee” for the weekend that gets you into the grandstands. If you would like to get into the infield (pits), there is an additional charge of $25 for a weekend “infield Pass”. Sidecar club spectators will be allowed to camp (tent or RV) among the race teams in the infield for $25 per site for the weekend with electric and water, however, you must inform the track which sidecar club you are affiliated with when applying for your camping space. If there are any problems with trying to camp among the sidecar race teams, inform the track that this arrangement has been made between James Laura and Tommy Blanchette. There are RV dump facilities available. Bathrooms and showers are close by. There are no restrictions on children attending. Dogs have to be kept on a leash at all times and you have to pick up after them.

There is a café in the infield that has sandwiches, burgers, dogs, ice, etc. There are several good places to eat nearby. There are motel/hotel accommodations on Rt. 106 near the track, but you’re advised to make reservations early. More accommodations are available in Concord, about 20 minutes away, see www.nhms.com for a listing.

A parade lap for spectators with sidecars is scheduled for Saturday at lunch time. A fee of $15 per person will be charged, and you must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this activity.

This race weekend will also feature the U.S. Legend Cars International, which are powered by motorcycle engines, as well as motard (dirt bike) events on both a small mini-oval and the full road course.

The Loudon Classic motorcycle/sidecar races are run in conjunction with the Laconia Motorcycle Week event, so there will be other motorcycle activities in the area as you go north towards the town of Laconia.

September 6 - 7, 2013 – The 27th Annual So-Long Summer Sidecar Campout hosted by the Hoosier Hacks, will be held at Muscatatuck County Park southwest of North Vernon, Indiana. There will be no fees except for camping, which will be paid to the campground host. There are no planned activities, just a relaxing weekend. Info Fred Hunteman, 101 Pioneer Ct, Mooresville, IN. 46158. 317-831-8105 or f.hunteman@sbcglobal.net .

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest additions from February and March. Bruce.

May 2 – 3, 2013 - Sidecar Racers Association West, Sonoma Raceway in Sonoma, CA. AHRMA. Two races. For more info see http://www.sra-west.us/

May 16th - 19th, 2013 - "The Fifth" Annual Chelan Sidecar Rally CSR5, Chelan, WA. (HQ – Lake Chelan State Park). Pre Rally Dinner Wednesday 15th..., Lady of the Lake Night Cruise, Group Ride to BBQ & Group Portrait, Treasure Hunt, Poker Run, Show-n-Shine, Friday Night Drive-in Movie/Dinner/Live Music, Breakfast Awards Party (Sunday morning), Free Coffee and donuts in the morning, and a few other events. For more information go to www.chelanrally.com , or contact d’Lynn at info@chelanrally.com.

CSR Phase Two - Sunday 19th - Tuesday 21st.., guided back-roads camping adventure.

May 24 – 26, 2013 – Alaska Sidecar Gathering. Talkeetna, Alaska (campground at the end of town)
Who's invited - Intended as a gathering for current, past, and potentially new USCA Alaska members. BUT everybody is invited. Contact - email me at subterranea@juno.com

June 7 - 9, 2013 - 3x3x3 Gathering to be held in Fenimore, Wisconsin at the Comfort Plus Motel (Napp's Motel) 608-822-7587. Room Rates: 1 person 1 bed $35.00, 2 persons 1 bed $40.00, 2 persons 2 beds $60.00, ask for the Pape group.

We will spend the days riding around the area and seeing the sites returning to the motel each afternoon. This ride is for the most part Ural sidecar motorcycles but anyone is welcome to join in.

The lady I talked to owned this place six years ago. The people that tried to buy/run it last, just walked away from it and it got dumped back in this ladies lap. The rooms are older but she is trying to bring things back up to speed. The rooms on the website look OK but the website is from the old owners.

She is putting us in the backside of the motel so we have our own little gathering area. We may have to figure out trailer parking. As many of you know the 3x3x3 stands for 3 States, 3 Wheels, 3 days. If anybody has any questions about the ride contact Lee or Nancy Pape at: sidecarring@gmail.com

June 6 - 9, 2013 – 19th Annual Howdy Summer Sidecar Gathering. Hosted by the Georgia Sidecar Club at
Wildcat Lodge and Campground, 7475 Georgia Hwy 60, Suches, GA 30572. GPS Coordinates +34° 43' 11.52", -84° 4' 1.54" No Gathering Fee! That's right, no Gathering fee! Tent and RV Camping available as well as a couple of other interesting options. Contact the campground for details. Be sure to tell them you are with the Georgia Sidecar Club to get guaranteed rates! http://www.wildcatsuches.com/ or (706) 747-1011 Go to http://georgiasidecarclub.com for the rally flyer with all the details or contact James Allmond 478-471-9153, jamesallmond@cox.net , Eddie George 706-654-2648, egads1744@yahoo.com , Janice Rinaldo 404-312-5290, goingtodaytona@comcast.com .

June 14 – 16, 2013 – 4th Annual Festival of Sidecars at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. Hosted by the Sidecar Racers Association (SRA) in conjunction with the Loudon Classic. LRRS/CSS

Sidecar Racing Team Information:

Teams will be allowed to get into the track Thursday June 14th after 4:00pm. Race entry fees and gate and infield passes are FREE to all Sidecar team drivers and passengers. Anyone else with the team pays $25.00 for the weekend or $10.00 per day for infield passes. Sidecar teams pay $25.00 for weekend infield camping complete with power and water hookups. This is an invitation for all Sidecar teams from any club. If you have a rig, show up and you get 3 days of FREE RACING. We break the Sidecars into 2 classes modern (F-I, F-II, & P-3) and vintage (P-I & P-II) and each class gets a practice and a race on each day (Fri., Sat. & Sun.) Trophies are provided by NHMS for 1st, 2nd. & 3rd place champions in both modern and vintage classes. For more information contact www.nhms.com or contact Jim Laura at 603-227-9700 or email aqital@hotmail.com .

Spectator Information:

Spectators pay a $25 “gate fee” for the weekend that gets you into the grandstands. If you would like to get into the infield (pits), there is an additional charge of $25 for a weekend “infield Pass”. Sidecar club spectators will be allowed to camp (tent or RV) among the race teams in the infield for $25 per site for the weekend with electric and water, however, you must inform the track which sidecar club you are affiliated with when applying for your camping space. If there are any problems with trying to camp among the sidecar race teams, inform the track that this arrangement has been made between James Laura and Tommy Blanchette. There are RV dump facilities available. Bathrooms and showers are close by. There are no restrictions on children attending. Dogs have to be kept on a leash at all times and you have to pick up after them.

There is a café in the infield that has sandwiches, burgers, dogs, ice, etc. There are several good places to eat nearby. There are motel/hotel accommodations on Rt. 106 near the track, but you’re advised to make reservations early. More accommodations are available in Concord, about 20 minutes away, see www.nhms.com for a listing.

A parade lap for spectators with sidecars is scheduled for Saturday at lunch time. A fee of $15 per person will be charged, and you must be 18 years of age or older to participate in this activity.

This race weekend will also feature the U.S. Legend Cars International, which are powered by motorcycle engines, as well as motard (dirt bike) events on both a small mini-oval and the full road course.

The Loudon Classic motorcycle/sidecar races are run in conjunction with the Laconia Motorcycle Week event, so there will be other motorcycle activities in the area as you go north towards the town of Laconia.

July 13 – 14, 2013 - Sidecar Racers Association West. The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, WA. WMRRA. Two races. For more info see http://www.sra-west.us/

July 26 – 28, 2013 - The 30th Bigfoot Rendezvous will be held in Balfour, BC, Canada, at the Toad Rock Motorcycle Campground at Kootenay Lake near the south east corner of British Columbia. This location is just above Bonners Ferry, Idaho, USA and has some of the best scenery and riding you will ever experience. Participants are responsible for making their own reservations at the campground. www.toadrockcampground.com/reservations/ or 877-229-5448.

The campground offers a number of unique and fun camping options. Ask for “special discounts” if your motorcycle is over 30 years old. Please do not ask them about rally information as they will not have it. For more rally information use the form in “Contact Us” on the main menu at www.bigfootsidecarclub.com , or email direct to rendezvous@bigfootsidecarclub.com .

August 30 – Sept 1, 2013 - Sidecar Racers Association West. Miller Motorsports Park in Tooele, UT. AHRMA. Two races. For more info see http://www.sra-west.us/

September 6 - 7, 2013 – The 27th Annual So-Long Summer Sidecar Campout hosted by the Hoosier Hacks, will be held at Muscatatuck County Park southwest of North Vernon, Indiana. There will be no fees except for camping, which will be paid to the campground host. There are no planned activities, just a relaxing weekend. Info Fred Hunteman, 101 Pioneer Ct, Mooresville, IN. 46158. 317-831-8105 or f.hunteman@sbcglobal.net .

September 8, 2013 – 10th Annual East Central Iowa Sidecar Rally at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA. Contact Mark Mederski 614-551-0960 mmederski@nationalmcmuseum.org or National MC Museum at 319-462-3925 or museum@nationalmcmuseum.org . www.nationalmcmuseum.org

September 21 – 22, 2013 – Sidecar Racers Association West, Chuckwalla Valley Raceway in Chuckwalla Valley, CA. CVMA. Two races. For more info see http://www.sra-west.us/

November 2 – 3, 2013 - Sidecar Racers Association West. Las Vegas Motor Speedway in Vas Vegas, NV. WERA. Two races. For more info see http://www.sra-west.us/

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

`
Return of the Cycles to the Matheny
School for Children.
Looking for Sidecar Rigs
Ride Date: Wednesday June 12th
Rain Date: Thursdayday June 13th
Gladstone NJ Fire House at 6:00 pm

Dear Friends and Fellow Riders;
It’s that special time of the year again for Children of the Matheny School to end the school year and welcome on summer. So once again, we are soliciting all our Side Car, hack and Trike friends to set aside these date in order to help us bring some joy and excitement to the students of the school. We get them out of those wheelchairs and into our “chairs” – the
ones attached to our motorcycles. We then go for a ride around the school grounds. To see the happy faces and hear the cries of joy when they zoom away. Wind in their face. The experience will remind you of why you enjoy the freedom of motorcycling so much. Our plan is to meet at the Peapack-Gladstone Fire House at 6:00 pm. We will then move through town a short distance to the school for the fun activities. The kids really lookforward to seeing you all . Look forward to this event all year

Your participation in the past has been crucial to the success of this event and we are hopeful that you will be able to work with us again this year. If you know of anyone else with a Side Car or Trike who would like to participate, please pass this on, along with my contact information below
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to call. Hope to see you there
Sincerely; Alternately
Kenny Maas Don Gorden
Skylands BMW Riders Skylands BMW Riders
Pattenburg, NJ 08802 (908) 259 2911
(908) 735 5829
(201) 954 9552
kenneym2003@yahoo.com

Directions : The Firehouse located at the corner of Main St and Dewey Rd
From 287 and 78 Area. Take 206 north, Make right on Pottersville Rd (512) to the center of Peapack. From points north take 202 south Left on Portersville Rd to Main St Travel Down hill on Portersville Rd to a stop sign, Make a left on Main St, Firehouse on Right Fire house is located at the corner of Main St and Dewey Ave

Area Map
Red star denotes Fire House

Here is a little bit about Matheny, from their website: http://www.matheny.org/
Matheny’s main campus in Peapack, NJ, is home to 101 children and adults with developmental disabilities. Many of the children and adults currently at Matheny, in addition to their primary diagnoses, have a long list of associated clinical conditions such as vision and hearing deficits, seizure disorders, mental retardation and dysphagia, with resulting aspiration problems. While the great majority of Matheny patients have cerebral palsy as their primary diagnoses, Matheny also has patients with spina bifida, Lesch-Nyhan Disease (LND) and a wide range of uncommon conditions including Rett syndrome, Angelman syndrome, Cornelia De Lange syndrome, Wolf-Hirshorn syndrome and 4Q Deletion syndrome.

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A rewording to this event. Bruce.

September 8, 2013 – 10th Annual East Central Iowa Sidecar Rally at the National Motorcycle Museum in Anamosa, IA. www.nationalmcmuseum.org . Contact John Dennis, 519 Williams Blvd, Fairfax, Iowa, 319-846-2619 IOWASIDECAR@AOL.COM . The Rally is from 10 - 4 and the registration fee is $ 5.00. There is an $ 8.00 charge to see the Museum.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Sidecar Events & Scheduals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: