An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Week After The Week Before

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: The Week After The Week Before Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say that I hope all of you and your clan (and your outfits) made it safely through that storm. Looked like it was one Big Blow from over here on the TV. Shocked

Dry, Calm, Warm and Sunny again today here on the Costa Blanca Confused

Stay Safe Now Wink Trev The Polar Bear Spain
Dar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trev,

Thanks for your concern, but where I live - 160 miles directly north from New York City - nothing happened. We were lucky, I guess. Monday night as the hurricane was blasting NYC and New Jersey, it got a bit breezy here, but not really bad at all, about 1/2 inch of rain fell.

I would guess that what you're seeing on TV is about the same as what we see, how hard NYC an NJ got hit. And yes, they got it real bad, still lots of people without power, water or even a place to live. A real mess that will take quite a while to get cleaned up.
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were out of power here in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania from 10PM Monday, until 11:30PM Friday. I used my RV generator to power up my heating system and refrigerator, but the generator is not powerful enough to power my well.

I need a bigger power generator, and although Louise thinks she generates a lot of power, she is still a few volts short............... I can talk big here since she never reads these posts. :>)

Bruce.

Bruce
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: