An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So I asked Trev the Polar Bear a stupid question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: So I asked Trev the Polar Bear a stupid question Reply with quote

So I'm chatting with our new found friend Trev. Keep in mind that Trev is one of the more senior sidecarists on this forum Laughing and because of this forum, made the 2500 mile round trip to Wiswampach Luxembourg from Southern Spain to meet with Dar, Dom, Flint and Margie and I. And in the process met even more people. You would all like Trev. Smart, witty, tough as nails and living life on his own terms. His years of working hard and doing underwater demolitions for the British government have made it a little hard for him to hear and walking is more difficult for him now. At one point early on I asked him if he liked sidecars. (the stupid question) Thinking that maybe he drove a sidecar so he could keep riding a motorcycle. I don't remember his exact reply but he clearly drives a sidecar because he like them and has for a very long time. The next day, he brought up my question again and said "I didn't think of it at the time but I got this back in the 60's" as he proceeded to take off his shirt. I only wish we could have met his Rainbow Annie too! Big Grin Thanks for making the trip Trev. it was an honor to get to know you a bit.
Bill

will August ever come............
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Old Timers with Old Tattoos and Big Paws Reply with quote

Hi Bill and Hola to Margie,

Well now .. it's would seem that I'm not the only one who has a way with words .. you missed the bits about me being really good looking and a fantastic lover .. but otherwise it was all near enough true Cool

I can assure you all that the pleasure and the honour of meeting this little gang was all mine .. what a lovely bunch of peeps you all are.

One little moment keeps popping back into my brain box .. when I first met Bill at the rally .. we shook hands as us blokes do .. Margie and I got all tangled up doing the Spanish double kiss stuff .. that really did make my day Razz ! but I'm OK now Big Grin

Now .. I am not exactly a small guy at 5'10'' and 16.5 stone in my thong but (Bit like a Silver Back Gorilla). Bill is a good lump or two larger and he has Paws like a Daddy Grizzly .. much larger than my big Polar Bear pads Shocked

So my daft question is .. What Make and Model of Bike Gloves do you wear Bill? I guess they must be the Wallmart Giant Economy Special Offers Razz

I lost a pair during my trip .. and it has proved impossible to find a replacement pair here on the Costa Blanca .. we have lots of Flip Flops but no proper Bikers Gloves Confused

I have to have two full sets of bike gear .. one Spanish and one UK .. although in recent years it has become more and more difficult to decide what set to wear and when .. I blame this Global Warming stuff. Crying or Very sad

That's about it for this one .. I'll scoot off and have a rest after all that .

Y'all Stay Safe Now Wink Trev (The Polar Bear in Spain)
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Old Timers with Old Tattoos and Big Paws Reply with quote

Quote:
"you missed the bits about me being really good looking and a fantastic lover .. Cool "
Laughing
Quote:
"So my daft question is .. What Make and Model of Bike Gloves do you wear Bill? I guess they must be the Wallmart Giant Economy Special Offers Razz "

The best gloves I have and wear 90% of the time are by OSI. XXXL Summer weight motorcycle gloves. They're mostly mesh in the back and all leather on the palm side. OSI seems to have a big selection so I would look there.
Quote:
"Now .. I am not exactly a small guy at 5'10'' and 16.5 stone in my thong"

Impatient Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

will August ever come............
Dominik74

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on gloves...

Maybe even for you 3-wheel riders an interesting fact:
When I went down at <30 mph (less likely to happen on 3 wheels), I was wearing race type gloves with special reinforcement on the palm made from ray skin.
The entire inside of my gloves was grinded down almost to the skin, even the reinforced part.

So when selecting your next pair of gloves, keep also in mind that they have to withstand the pavement for a while.

By the way, my CorDura riding suit (Polyamid) was in ripped in pieces.
Won't wear anything but leather anymore.

Keep the shiny side up and the greasy side down,
Dom

+++++++++++++++++
Ducati Monster 1000 S i.e.
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Day Girls,

First some Big Thanks to 'Uncle Bill' for the OSI Gloves info .. I knew you would help me on that one Buddy Cool

We have tracked OSI down on their USA site .. but not over on this side? Now in the process of ordering a pair from them .. but they do not 'ship' to Europe. Got another good buddy in Canada who will take delivery there and then send them on to me here in Spain.

So .. all being well .. I should be sorted for summer gloves any month soon .. just as our winter season starts Confused

Next my thanks to Dom for his input .. it sounds like your 'little off' was a lot more serious than you reported at first Sad I hope your full recovery is still on track mate.

As for the 30 mph stuff .. I rode at that speed once too .. keep at it .. you'll get the idea soon enough Cool I agree real leather is the stuff to wear on a bike .. I dragged a cow for three miles once to check it out! Laughing

However .. it can get 'dangerously' hot in full leathers down this end at 40c plus in the shade .. you just can't drink water fast enough!

All good stuff people .. keep it rolling.

Stay Safe Trev (The Polar Bear, Denia Costa Blanca).

2008 Honda CB1300 & EZS Left Hooker Chair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: