An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European Trip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dar

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zentime wrote:
...A Polar Bear shouldn't be hard to spot,Big Grin Flint's Armec and Americans with Massachusetts plates should stand out too...

Polar Bear wrote:
Also, does anyone have any info about what 'Bike Trade' type shows might be around .. do they turn up in their vans to wave their flags and sell T-Shirts ? Cool

I wish I had more information about what's going on. Confused There must be chatter about the rally on some forums, but I can't find it. Does anyone else know more about pr registration, etc ?

Well, at least one of us Americans (me) will be travelling incognito -- I'll be on a 2 wheeled Yamaha with German plates and covered with 2 weeks worth of European road grime already. But Bill and I should at least recognize each other if we get close enough.

As for vendors, if you follow the link that Zentime Bill gave above several postings ago (the Google translate link for those of us who read better in English) - click the link on the right side of that page that says Euro Team Meetings, you get a whole page of information on this meeting and there is a list of a dozen or so vendors that are going to be there. As for T-shirts, it looks like they will have them at the Information booth, along with stickers and pins.

And, according to Flint, no need to pre-register, just show up and pay your money to get in.

As the time gets closer, we'll make some plans about meeting, probably something like meeting at the Information booth at some specific time.

As for myself, I'll be arriving about 2 weeks early and travel from Heidelberg to Weiswampach via the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Poland, maybe a bit in Austria, whatever we can squeeze into those two weeks.

Looking forward to meeting you all.
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Flint

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

on HP of Motorrad-Gespanne this link show some details
http://motorrad-gespanne.de/magazin/egt/ but only in german. Anyway, come at it and have fun.
If someone want to attend at the self-construction-competition, fill up this: http://motorrad-gespanne.de/downloads/eigenbauwettbewerb.pdf Wink

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Again Gents,

Thanks for the info on the rally .. the link was very helpful .. we did a computer translation into English Question well I think it was English Confused

One thing is kind of worrying me (just a little) .. I have a Disabled sticker on my rig, I don't do walking very well .. can't stand up for too long.

I carry a fold flat stool and a walking stick .. but on a large site like the one in Luxembourg .. I'm not sure how much use they will be?

I also note the €12 entrance charge .. is that for the full period, or each day? As I'm going to be in a Hotel .. I'll need to get in and out each day.

Thinking of how we might spot each other .. most people will have access to their National Flag (The America's in particular I think Smile so how would it be if we all flew our own National (small) flag on the rig .. with a 2m inflatable sex toy 'doll' on the same pole Big Grin Sorted.

Keep it coming men .. and don't forget the 'rig construction' photo's .. please Wink

Stay Safe, Polar Bear in Spain.
zentime

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polar Bear wrote:

Keep it coming men .. and don't forget the 'rig construction' photo's .. please Wink

pictures maybe towards the end of next week. I'm either doing my regular work or working on my sidecar every moment I'm awake Exclamation

will August ever come............
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is Very Happy

Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good Big Grin
David

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good! I second that!

Boy, Wifey is going to be riding in comfort!!! Smile Smile
Dar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh how cute!

You painted a picture of yourself on the side of the hack.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar wrote:
Oh how cute!

You painted a picture of yourself on the side of the hack.

have to find something to do in my spare time Laughing

maybe I should go to the IOM as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMW_wLrDSRE&feature=youtu.be

Flint

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking very good Worship

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
Flint

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, some infos about EGT
http://motorrad-gespanne.de/magazin/egt/

looking forward.......

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
zentime

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flint wrote:
Hi, some infos about EGT
http://motorrad-gespanne.de/magazin/egt/

looking forward.......

Thanks for the update. I see it says "tent meeting" That was our original plan but we're not able to bring camping gear so I hope there are hotels or B&B's near by. Do you know anything about that?

Also, we've had a change of plans. We are bringing our 2000 CBR1100XX Blackbird/EZS. Because it is less valuable than the C14, we can save enough on insurance cost to cover the round trip airfare for one of us.

Bill

iillyyaa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zentime wrote:
Also, we've had a change of plans. We are bringing our 2000 CBR1100XX Blackbird/EZS. Because it is less valuable than the C14, we can save enough on insurance cost to cover the round trip airfare for one of us.

Wow! That sounds like a lot. Are you talking about shipping insurance, or insurance to drive the rig in Europe?
-
Ilya
zentime

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iillyyaa wrote:
zentime wrote:

Wow! That sounds like a lot. Are you talking about shipping insurance, or insurance to drive the rig in Europe?
-
Ilya

Basically shipping insurance. Mandatory Green Card liability insurance is $275. If we were to take the C14, we feel we would need to carry the optional insurances such as marine insurance which is 1.5% of the value in each direction. None of our normal insurance is valid outside the US so comprehensive for one month is $600. We would also want to have comprehensive, which we don't normally carry, to cover it on the dock before it goes onto the ship (and when it comes home) and covered by marine insurance. I was astounded what it all totaled. While it would be pretty lousy if something happened to either of them, financially it would be way less painful if something happened to the Blackbird instead of the C14. We're only going to get the mandatory Green Card insurance and take our chances with the rest. Between the trip over and back, the rig will be in the hands of others for roughly 6 weeks. All things considered, we've decided to take the Blackbird. The bonus in all of this is, that we have a much more relaxed approach to the trip now. Which is a good thing. The booking is done and we're taking it to the port in NJ first thing Monday morning. Hopefully it'll all go well Very Happy

Flint

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

http://www.keup.lu/index.php?module=cms&page=hotel

this hotel is really nearest to the EGT, but i was never there Wink

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: