An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

European Trip
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: European Trip Reply with quote

Hi All, Well we've been talking about it for years but have decided this IS the year we tour Europe by sidecar! Big Grin

I'm in the process of building a 2010 Concours 14 with a Hannigan SP2 sidecar for the trip. We plan on going for the last 2 weeks in August and the first week in September. The plan is to ship the sidecar rig to Le Harve France and then go to the European Sidecar Rally in Luxembourg 24th/26th August 2012 then work our way south towards Northern Italy and shipping the rig home from Genoa.

We've never been to Europe before so it'll be quite an adventure for us. Dar and Flint from this forum expect to go to this rally and have been very helpful in answering our many questions. Anyone else planning on going to this event? It would be great to hear from you.

Thanks,
Bill

will August ever come............
Flint

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it will be great ...or are you just happy to see me?

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
docmike

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm in the process of building a 2010 Concours 14 with a Hannigan SP2 sidecar

pictures please Big Grin
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

docmike wrote:
Quote:
I'm in the process of building a 2010 Concours 14 with a Hannigan SP2 sidecar

pictures please Big Grin

don't have much of anything to show yet but will post pictures once I have something interesting. Smile

JayBoy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will a great trip! Take lots pf pictures, and stay in your lane in the Alps!
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayBoy wrote:
That will a great trip! Take lots pf pictures, and stay in your lane in the Alps!

Laughing I'll do my best! Can't wait.

Polar Bear

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Trev the Polar Bear here, calling from Southern Spain.
Long time no post sorry .. but I do look in from time to time to see how you all are.

This Europe Trip sounds fantastic .. quite crazy of course .. but fantastic all the same Big Grin Just the kind of things life was made for I recon Cool

Luembourge is only about 1.200 miles from my base camp in Denia .. two long days riding or a four day pootle if I want to see where I'm at. It makes it very tempting for me to get involved with the European Sidecar Rally .. I've never been.

So tell me .. where can I find more info on it .. my main concern will be finding somwhere to sleep easy each night .. while the outfit is safe!

Long haul rides are nothing new for me .. 500 miles in one hop is not too difficult but 300 is 'nicer' these days. I go 'home' to Birmingham in the UK and sometimes on up to Scotland at least once every year .. but at my age (73 in Oct) the 'tent and teapot' stuff is not really a sencible idea.
I can't get out of a sleeping bag fast enough ... if you follow my .. er .. point Rolling Eyes

Anyway .. I'll be following the story more closely in here from now on in .. so I'm going to look forward to reading stuff from you Very Happy Cheers.

Travel Happy and Stay Safe Now Y'all Wink Polar Bear
zentime

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Polar Bear, good to hear from you! Yes it is a crazy trip for us but my wife and I need to do this before we get old. Laughing Laughing I hope you will go as well. Flint from Austria is going and Dar from this forum will be visiting with friends form Germany and is planing on being there too. It should be great fun. I understand they are expecting about 1000 sidecars!! I have never seen that many sidecars in one place. Big Grin We are going to head for Northern Italy after the rally. We plan on spending 3 weeks in Europe. I'm hoping we can find some sidecar racing to watch while we're there.

Here is the latest information I found posted

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmotorrad-gespanne.de%2Ftermine%2F

I think most people will be camping. That's is our plan.

I'm in the process of building this for the trip. A 2010 Kawasaki Concours 14 With a Hannigan SP2 sidecar. I'll post more pictures of it once I get the sidecar and have it mounted.

Polar Bear

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again Bill,

Well ... You sure have started something here mate Confused .

I've had a read of your info and checked a few things out on Google. Also talked it over with Rainbow Annie my Number 1 Sidecar monkey, while she was in a happy mood (you do need to choose your moments don't you)

As I had feared, Annie can't make it .. August is her 100% crazy month workwise. But she has agreed that I can. So we are now in the proces of making a Plan-A for me to have a ride-out up to Weiswampach in Luxembourg and back ... all by myself. Crying or Very sad

The camping idea was always my first choice years ago .. but more recently all the old metal joints are rusting up and it really would be silly for me to go scrobbling arond in a field, in the dark, looking for a convenient bush (once the bottle was full).

So .. I will be spending more of my very hard earned and well deserved pension of a load of Hotels in France and Luxembourge. But all being well .. I'm going to be there.

Like most guys in here .. I just love your new rig .. you have all this stuff down to a fine art now .. just wish I lived next door to you Razz .

Enoug for now I think .. the plot thickens Cool
Dar

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polar Bear wrote:
So we are now in the proces of making a Plan-A for me to have a ride-out up to Weiswampach in Luxembourg and back ... all by myself. Crying or Very sad

Hi Polar Bear

As Bill mentioned above, I am also planning to be in Luxembourg for the Euro Gespann Treffen. I hope we can meet up. I'd like to meet the person behind the stories of polar bears and such and to see the Spanish Dancer.

Unlike Bill, I will not be shipping my rig to Europe for my travels this summer, but will be riding on a rented 2 wheeler. Hope they let me into the Gespann Treffen Exclamation Exclamation
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
Flint

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all interested of EGT, i am looking every day for new infos to the meeting, if there are news i will post it here.

It will be great if we can meet us there Very Happy

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Hello David,

Ha Har .. the dreaded story's behind the Polar Bear and Spanish Dancer names .. often deemed to be interesting .. if not totally unbelievable Shocked

I'd be happy to send them to you direct if you want .. I have them on 'word' so normal email is always best for me. Can you actually read real native English? Big Grin

I'm not too sure they are the right kind of stuff for this open forum .. might bore some blokes to an early bed time Sad

Has anyone else got a pet name for their outfit?

Good to see a few other 'members' getting interested in the August Luxembourg Rally at this stage .. Hello Flint .. yes maybe see you there Smile we will need to try and arrange something.

I was thinking guys .. as I will be leaving the field to go to my Hotel each night .. do you recon they will charge me the €12 for entry just once .. or every day?

That's a lot of extra money for me .. almost half a tankful of petrol .. about 100 miles or so Exclamation

Unlike most of you guys who seem to have several bikes .. big houses and workshop garages over there on the far side of The Pond .. I live in a Hamster Hutch with my pension book under the bed and not even a back yard shed!

Easy as it comes .. Stay Safe. Trev (the Polar Bear) Big Grin
Polar Bear

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all those with intentions about rolling in at the European Sidecar Rally in Luxembourg this August.

It's gone a bit quiet in here guys .. so I hope you are all out riding Razz

I do like a bit of advanced planning me .. keeps me awake i n the afternoons ... so .. seeing that we have some spare time on hand .. I have a few questions for you to ponder.

Has anyone got any thoughts, idea's, suggestions or info on when and where will be a good time and place for us to meet up at this massive rally.

If as expected there are going to be over 1.500 and more Sidecar Outfits on the patch .. how will we all know each other? Where and When might we aim to meet?

Looking at the location on Google Earth .. it seems to be a large area of Lakes, Forests and Fields.

Also, does anyone have any info about what 'Bike Trade' type shows might be around .. do they turn up in their vans to wave their flags and sell T-Shirts ? Cool

Stay Safe Guys Wink Trevn (The Polar Bear, Spain)
zentime

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polar Bear wrote:
To all those with intentions about rolling in at the European Sidecar Rally in Luxembourg this August.

Polar Bear wrote:
If as expected there are going to be over 1.500 and more Sidecar Outfits on the patch .. how will we all know each other? Where and When might we aim to meet?

I'm thinking at the registration area or display area. A Polar Bear shouldn't be hard to spot,Big Grin Flint's Armec and Americans with Massachusetts plates should stand out too. We should let them know at registration that we're looking for each other The very thought of seeing 1500 sidecars in one place boggles my mind. Big Grin Even 500 would be huge!

Polar Bear wrote:
Also, does anyone have any info about what 'Bike Trade' type shows might be around .. do they turn up in their vans to wave their flags and sell T-Shirts ? Cool

I wish I had more information about what's going on. Confused There must be chatter about the rally on some forums, but I can't find it. Does anyone else know more about pr registration, etc ?

Polar Bear wrote:
It's gone a bit quiet in here guys .. so I hope you are all out riding Razz

I don't know where everyone is but I've been working every night and weekend building these 2 C14's. I just found out Friday that the shipping company would like to have our rig at the port mid June so we can pick it up at the port in Le Harve France no later than Aug 20th!! 2 months in advance of when we pick the rig up in Le Harve. I just wasn't expecting that. I'll make it but won't have any time to waste.

Looking for more details on the Rally. If anyone has anymore information, please post here or send me an email. zentime@aol.com

Bill

Flint

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the moment there are not more informations ....... but i will call Martin, Winterbiker, he knows the rally very good, maybe he can post some details in english, i try to reach him.
But anyway, you must not inscribe, only come there, fill in some dates, pay and drive in. I also think we find us, otherwise maybe we can tell us Mobilphone number ? or email on handy

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: