An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2012 Festival of Sidecars at New Hampshire Motor Speedway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Sidecar Events & Scheduals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: 2012 Festival of Sidecars at New Hampshire Motor Speedway Reply with quote

New Hampshire Motor Speedway is pleased to announce the 2012 Festival of Sidecars as part of the 89th Annual Loudon Classic to be held on Fathers Day weekend June 15,16, &17 2012. There will be practice time and races on each of the three days. We will break each days schedule up so practice sessions and races are not consecutively scheduled and this will allow our guest to enjoy the sidecars on the track multiple times throughout the day. Separate practice sessions and races for both Modern and Vintage sidecars. Admission is free for drivers and passengers, $25 per weekend for additional crew members, or $10 per day. Camping with water/electric available for $25 for the weekend.

Please bring a short team bio to help the announcer present the race to the spectators.

RSVP your entry or direct questions to :

James Laura aqital@hotmail.com

Or

Bill Douglas bfd402@gmail.com

http://www.nhms.com/

will August ever come............
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest information from Jim, and as I will post it at other sites. Bruce.

June 15 – 17, 2012 – 3rd Annual Festival of Sidecars at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. Hosted by the Sidecar Racers Association (SRA) in conjunction with the Loudon Classic. CSS

Sidecar Racing Team Information:

Teams will be allowed to get into the track Thursday June 14th after 4:00pm. Race entry fees and gate and infield passes are FREE to all Sidecar team drivers and passengers. Anyone else with the team pays $25.00 for the weekend or $10.00 per day for infield passes. Sidecar teams pay $25.00 for weekend infield camping complete with power and water hookups. This is an invitation for all Sidecar teams from any club. If you have a rig, show up and you get 3 days of FREE RACING. We break the Sidecars into 2 classes modern (F-I, F-II, & P-3) and vintage (P-I & P-II) and each class gets a practice and a race on each day (Fri., Sat. & Sun.) Trophies are provided by NHMS for 1st, 2nd. & 3rd place champions in both modern and vintage classes. For more information contact www.nhms.com or contact Jim Laura at 603-227-9700 or email aqital@hotmail.com .

Spectator Information:

Spectators pay a $25 “gate fee” for the weekend that gets you into the grandstands. If you would like to get into the infield (pits), there is an additional charge of $25 for a weekend “infield Pass”. Spectators will be allowed to camp (tent or RV) among the race teams in the infield for $25 per site for the weekend with electric and water. There are RV dump facilities available. Bathrooms and showers are close by. There are no restrictions on children attending. Dogs have to be kept on a leash at all times and you have to pick up after them.

There is a café in the infield that has sandwiches, burgers, dogs, ice, etc. There are several good places to eat nearby. There are motel/hotel accommodations on Rt. 106 near the track, but you’re advised to make reservations early. More accommodations are available in Concord, about 20 minutes away, see www.nhms.com for a listing.

A parade lap for spectators with sidecars is scheduled for Saturday at lunch time. A fee of $15 per outfit will be charged.

This race weekend will also feature the U.S. Legend Cars International, which are powered by motorcycle engines, as well as motard (dirt bike) events on both a small mini-oval and the full road course.

The Loudon Classic motorcycle/sidecar races are run in conjunction with the Laconia Motorcycle Week event, so there will be other motorcycle activities in the area as you go north towards the town of Laconia.

Bruce
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the latest information on this event. Some of the camping information has been revised. Please take note. Bruce.

June 15 – 17, 2012 – 3rd Annual Festival of Sidecars at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH. Hosted by the Sidecar Racers Association (SRA) in conjunction with the Loudon Classic. CSS

Sidecar Racing Team Information:

Teams will be allowed to get into the track Thursday June 14th after 4:00pm. Race entry fees and gate and infield passes are FREE to all Sidecar team drivers and passengers. Anyone else with the team pays $25.00 for the weekend or $10.00 per day for infield passes. Sidecar teams pay $25.00 for weekend infield camping complete with power and water hookups. This is an invitation for all Sidecar teams from any club. If you have a rig, show up and you get 3 days of FREE RACING. We break the Sidecars into 2 classes modern (F-I, F-II, & P-3) and vintage (P-I & P-II) and each class gets a practice and a race on each day (Fri., Sat. & Sun.) Trophies are provided by NHMS for 1st, 2nd. & 3rd place champions in both modern and vintage classes. For more information contact www.nhms.com or contact Jim Laura at 603-227-9700 or email aqital@hotmail.com .

Spectator Information:

Spectators pay a $25 “gate fee” for the weekend that gets you into the grandstands. If you would like to get into the infield (pits), there is an additional charge of $25 for a weekend “infield Pass”. Sidecar club spectators will be allowed to camp (tent or RV) among the race teams in the infield for $25 per site for the weekend with electric and water, however, you must inform the track which sidecar club you are affiliated with when applying for your camping space. If there are any problems with trying to camp among the sidecar race teams, inform the track that this arrangement has been made between James Laura and Tommy Blanchette. There are RV dump facilities available. Bathrooms and showers are close by. There are no restrictions on children attending. Dogs have to be kept on a leash at all times and you have to pick up after them.

There is a café in the infield that has sandwiches, burgers, dogs, ice, etc. There are several good places to eat nearby. There are motel/hotel accommodations on Rt. 106 near the track, but you’re advised to make reservations early. More accommodations are available in Concord, about 20 minutes away, see www.nhms.com for a listing.

A parade lap for spectators with sidecars is scheduled for Saturday at lunch time. A fee of $15 per outfit will be charged.

This race weekend will also feature the U.S. Legend Cars International, which are powered by motorcycle engines, as well as motard (dirt bike) events on both a small mini-oval and the full road course.

The Loudon Classic motorcycle/sidecar races are run in conjunction with the Laconia Motorcycle Week event, so there will be other motorcycle activities in the area as you go north towards the town of Laconia.

Bruce
zentime

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a list of SRA events for this year.

April 21-22 Shannonville, Fabi Track, ON Test & Tune Days
May 5-6 NJMP, Thunderbolt Track, NJ CCS
June 15-17 Festival of Sidecars NHMS, Loudon NH CSS
July 21-22 Shannonville, Long Track, ON RACE
Aug 4-5 Shannonville, Fabi Track , ON RACE
Aug 25-26 Summit Point, WV CSS
Sept 22-23 Shannonville, Pro Track, ON RACE

We'll be in Europe for Summit Point but plan on going to Loudon.

Thinking about NJ Question

will August ever come............
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those planning on attending the 3rd Annual Festival of Sidecars at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway in Loudon, NH June 15 – 17, 2012.

If you are planning on camping in the pit area among the sidecar racing teams, it will be very beneficial to have the full names of all those in your party, along with the sidecar club name you belong to. (i.e. USCA, ISOK, Northeast 3-Wheelers MC, etc). This information will be provided to the track gate to expedite check in, assure rates previously published, and reduce confusion.

Please send your information to me ASAP at stephens.bruce.d@gmail.com

I forgot to mention that on Thursday June 14, after 6PM, is the earliest you can get into the race track.

Bruce
Peter Essaff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to all that came to NHMS for the Festival of Sidecars.
We enjoyed to see everyone. You added to a great weekend.

Next year will be the 90th Laconia Classic. It should be even better.
We plan to pit along the road from turn 2 to turn 3. This way tents will be right across from the teams, and close to the bathrooms.

Again, thank you for helping make this event what it is.
Peter and TEAM
Blast54

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed this this year. Was looking forward to meeting BillB again and the weather was perfect. Just got way to busy and had to stick around here today.
No Maggie vally either, will be in Alaska!
Next year???
Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Sidecar Events & Scheduals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: