An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FINALLY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arbalest

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: FINALLY! Reply with quote

Well, after years of talking about it (and having no money to do anything about it), metal is finally being cut, tubes are being bent, things in general are moving forward. The front suspension is being fabricated. I am going to the race shop after work to pick up the assorted heim joints required to make it all work. Next on the list is the subframe. A bit of a direction change, here. Originally going to use a BMW R50/5 frame with R100 motor, now going to hack my 85 K100 RS. I think, ultimately, the K100 will make a better road rig. I must give thanks to Cudgel, Gazza, Bill Ballou, and some unknown Aussie (K bike subfame inspiration) for the design insights that allowed me to move this project forward. My hope is to have the rig on the road for the September Owl's Head Meet. I have to drop the shock, front wheel and tire, and assorted heim joints, etc. off at the fabricators this week. I hope to have some photos soon. Don't expect this project to be a polished work of art, like Bill's, or others seen on this site. Think more Mad Max/ Rat Rod inspired.

Mike Lydon
Gazza

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pleased to have been some use, crack on mate, and lets see some pics Very Happy
cudgel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, and good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: