An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

affordable front end mods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ponytail

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: affordable front end mods Reply with quote

hi new to the forum looks good Smile i am running a dl 1000 with a conti classic, fairly low profile 4-6 in ground clearence, i lowered the strom 1.25 all round,its tall and 6 in of suspension travel. fixing to up grade the rear shock,its a no brainer. but the front gets pricey Shocked . i am not a dual sport guy this is a street ride,want to get as close to hps with out cousing a rupter in my marriage. Laughing ok center hub is out my god! leading link looks nice still wow its up there. so a leading leg, or triple clamp mods are in my price range, Embarassed so till my rich uncle lol. the strom has a 19 front wheel 41mm legs using a fork brace. would droping to a 17in wheel help?
Gazza

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need to reduce the trail, lots of ways to do this, raked yokes(triple trees?), leading links, this usually involves moving the spindle forward, you could make something like i had, this is a poor copy of an Armec sidecar idea, you got a welder?

this might be of use
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bicycle_and_motorcycle_geometry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: