An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZX14 with Sidecar for their Tibetan Terriers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Videos / Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidebike

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:19 pm    Post subject: ZX14 with Sidecar for their Tibetan Terriers Reply with quote

Check out this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbckcZ2OtOk
Doug

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes! I love dogs too but all I could think about while watching the video was what those paws full of toenails were doing to that beautiful black paint Shocked Really, great video. It made me miss my Augie even more. He loved going for rides especially when we rode by fields full of cows.
David

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice rig, Roger. Didn't know you had a new one. You sure put a lot of thought into the set up for the dogs. Nice job! But my first thought ran parallel to that of Doug & Patti. My second thought was "maybe I'll come back as a dog" Big Grin
sidebike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Hutting wrote:
Nice rig, Roger. Didn't know you had a new one. You sure put a lot of thought into the set up for the dogs. Nice job! But my first thought ran parallel to that of Doug & Patti. My second thought was "maybe I'll come back as a dog" Big Grin

Hi Dave
Their are not my dogs or my rig. I found the video on youtube.
Roger
zentime

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Hutting wrote:
My second thought was "maybe I'll come back as a dog" Big Grin

Have you ever considered doing stand up comedy!! Laughing

It's actually my old zx14. My understanding is that the work was done without modifying the sidecar and can be removed without much difficulty. I can't tell you who's happier to have it, the Tibetan Terriers or the owners. He's been in touch a number of times to tell me how much fun they are having with it. I'm glad it has a good home. Very Happy

will August ever come............
David

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger said "Their are not my dogs or my rig. I found the video on youtube"

Ohh! I want to ride with you in my second life as a dog anyway. I can see myself now. Big Grin

"Wow, this changes everything!! This is going to be fun. I get to ride in an open car!! "

Up on the seat, front paws over the side, chest out, head pointing forward. My tongue is out the corner of my mouth, blowing in the wind, drool running down the sidecar. Tail wagging furiously. Every now and then, a happy bark to those we pass.

Now, if you would put a piece of rope anchored down to the sidecar on one end, with a loop on the other. The loop end needs to extend out 6 inches onto the fender. This is for when you do left-hand U-turns. At just the right moment, I can bite down on the rope, turn my neck, and jump out of the sidecar, wrapping my front paws on the inside of the car. The G-forces will keep me stretched out straight, until I need to pull myself back in. With that accomplished, I will be wagging my tail, and letting out a loud bark. " And to think, I did all that without any doggie drugs”.

Now, if you would get me a sports cup for the jewels, it would be greatly appreciated. Just in case I touch down, while I'm outside the car!

When you pass a road slug, keep it smooth, because I will be on the fender with the rope in my mouth, and one leg jacked up.

If I nudge your leg once, that means I see the police. If I nudge it twice, that means go faster. Three times, slow down, female dog. Four times, “Let’s go home I need a nap!!”

PS. Don't forget my doggie treats!! Smile

Hope to see you both at Maggie Valley.
David

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
Hope to meet the guy who bought your old rig someday. Glad he is enjoying it.

Dave
zentime

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Hutting wrote:
Bill,
Hope to meet the guy who bought your old rig someday. Glad he is enjoying it.

Dave

He lives near NYC and is a pretty busy guy so I don't know, maybe. I'm going to let him know about the National sidecar Rally in VT this summer. Mark you calender!

David Hutting wrote:
If I nudge your leg once, that means I see the police. If I nudge it twice, that means go faster. Three times, slow down, female dog. Four times, “Let’s go home I need a nap!!”

are you sure this ISN'T your second time around??? You sure seem to have a feel for a dogs life. Laughing Laughing

will August ever come............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Videos / Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: