An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exciting senior Sunday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:20 am    Post subject: Exciting senior Sunday Reply with quote

On Saturday, I called my brother, and asked him if he wanted to go to a classic Brit bike event on Sunday. It is in a small town nearby. They hold it in the town square, and always have a good turnout. He said sure.

Sunday morning about 11:00, he arrived in his 356 Porsche kit car. He said he left at 5:00 am to make sure he arrived on time. He only lives an hour away. Smile He said the car kept stalling at the stop signs. I told him we could check it out after the event.

We left out with the rig. It was beautiful day. tshirt and jacket. This town is only 20 miles from my house. I have been on these roads and tested myself on them 1000s of times. Got to the event, spent the afternoon walking around, lot of neat stuff.

Left the event about 4:30pm. About half way home, we hit the third curve, which is left 90 degree. Half way through the curve, the rig spun out on me. I tried to correct, but couldn't and had to pick a spot. On the side of the road there was a utility pole on the left and 4x4 post on the right. Ah ha!enough room! Off the road, through the two poles, through a yard to the drive way. Pulled back up to the street. My brother and I pulled up our face shields. We were both laughing. He said "What happened?" I responded "Hell, just one of those senior moments." "I have to quit using that armour- all on the tires!! He said "You need dirt tires on this rig!!" I told him I thought a stress test would be good for him.
We got back to the house. Rig is good, didn't hurt a thing.

Popped the hood on his Porsche, fired it up. It was running real rough. Started looking things over. I said "I see the problem". Reached behind the carborator on the shrodding, and picked up the idle jet. Put it back in, and the car was running fine! Off he went.

Wife and I left the house for a while. When we got home there was a message from my sister-in-law. "Now you know Dave if anything happens to Dick there won't be anyone to fix my meals." Very Happy My brother is always saying" I do all the cooking and cleaning. Whats wrong with this picture?"
I tell him nothing from the wife view. Won't give you his response.

Thats the end of the story. Just a good senior Sunday. Big Grin
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave,
Sounds like most senior days for me apart from the curb bumping.

So where's the pictures of the show ?

Keith
Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He He Been there done that Big Grin Did you shut the gas off in the corner or touch the rear brake Sad

http://public.fotki.com/RalphG/oops_stuff/
David

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

Keep up the good work!

Really like your sidecar rig!!

Dave
David

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph,

Yah, yah. I shut the gas off. Don't ask me why. Short circuited between the brain and the hand. I could hear that gremlin bell that you gave me ringing the whole time. Very Happy

Well, I just went between poles. You tried to ride off the side of the mountain. Did you keep your cigarette in your mouth? Big Grin

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: