An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

sidecar wheel
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moses

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: sidecar wheel Reply with quote

hi people
as promised a bit more action this week on the chair as i'v got off my bum and nearly finished wheel assembly, im at work saturday to weld it on and will post some more piccies when done a bit more.
i should get anti rollbar material soon and have bushings made just got to stick it all together and have started scrounging material for the new cradle build.

anthony

Last edited by moses on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total
moses

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: more pictures Reply with quote

hi all
bit more progress today as i got swingarm mounted on at last but got stopped in my tracks deciding whether to design progressive suspension.
and before anyone notices i have the wrong wheel on at the minute, should get swaybar material next week so might get that done shortly.

anthony[/img]

Last edited by moses on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moses

It's looking good, hard work trying to keep up ad hold down a job.
Hope you'll be ready for our meet in August.
Have you desided on a colour yet?

Keith
moses

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: hi keith Reply with quote

hi keith
certainly look forward to meeting you in august keith, looks like i will have to pull my finger out a bit as i keep suffering being sidetracked on this build with running a business and just finishing rebuild on a yamaha tdm850
for every solution there seems to arise another 3 problems to solve?
the colour will remain the same as original and this weekend i start fitting swaybar and finish shock absorber mounts hopefully.
next week i hope to install the new exaust sytem which i scrounged off my friend, a cbr900 fireblade race can which hopefully will exit behind the sidecar wheel.
i managed to obtain enough material to remanufacture a new subframe today as the original i built 3 years ago is totally inadequate for my style of riding.
all the best
anthony
hcbilini

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Moses,
Very nice work with cutting and welding the tubes...

When you have a chance, we would like to see close up photos of your front wheel and rear wheel on your bike.

I am always interested to see how you folks on the other side of the pond have your rigs set up.

Thanks
Henry
moses

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

thanks henry
here is some piccies but i will take some more when i dismantle again, http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=439216930&albumId=749025 i nearly have the sidecar finished now and just need to align the progressive suspension unit and will post some pictures when completed as it looks a lot tidier now all the loose ends are removed, just one more weekend and into powder coaters with a bit of luck.

front hub shaft is machined and i am just starting on swingarm cradle with a multitude of decisions to make mostly being directed by what i can scrounge etc just got some lovely 6 pot calipers to throw up the front and have yet to decide whether to use a car disc or bike disc.

this stuff is hard work but good fun

best regards
anthony
hcbilini

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the photo link.

That's an interesting design concept having the disc rotor inside the rim.
Most rigs have the rotor on the outside of the rim .

How are you going to mount the caliper ?

Regards
Henry
arbalest

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:33 pm    Post subject: toe Reply with quote

Moses,

How do you adjust the toe-in on the sidecar wheel?

Mike Lydon
moses

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:07 pm    Post subject: toe in caliper Reply with quote

hi all
it will probably be close to christmas when the caliper goes on the back but basically im building a chainguard come frame that mounts off centre adjuster shaft (i hope), as for sidecar toe-in that will be the old fashioned way with the addition of two more adjuster arms to the chair giving the rig six adjuster arms in total.
i got the chair back today from the powder coaters all shiny and black so ill post some piccies this weekend before i assemble it all as im in the factory saturday all day starting work on revamped cradle. my friend is coming round who builds kitcars to bend the two chs arms for me.

you need patience for this stuff everything is snails pace and im an engineer with all the facilities to do this.
anthony
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moses,
The trouble is sometimes we don't know when to stop building and start riding, Big Grin
Looking forward to seeing your paint job, Black !
What no hint of yellow Big Grin Big Grin

Keith
docmike

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The trouble is sometimes we don't know when to stop building and start riding,

Or as they used to say at one defense contractor I worked for "It's time to shoot the engineers and build the damn thing"

Mike (an engineer, by training)
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
moses

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: sidecar assembly Reply with quote

hi all
got my rig back from powder coaters and took loads of photos but only a few turned out as i must of been shaking too much with excitement.
still im sure you can see where im going with it now buildwise, also i will pickup my calipers next week all lovely and painted and a friend has donated a tilton brake bias valve to fit to the front brake and operate a sidecar brake.
tubes have been bent for chs steering and i start machining next week but i cant decide whether to fit sidecar with original front end intact so its setup when its time to fit chs on.

heres the myspace link for latest pictures
best regards
anthony

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.editAlbumPhotos&albumID=1272845
sidebike

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this link
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=439216930&albumId=1272845
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not powder Pink, I'm disappointed Big Grin

Very nice job, who did it.

Keith

PS Moses
you going to the classic bike show at NEC
http://www.necclassicbikeshow.com/
moses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:47 pm    Post subject: hi Reply with quote

hi all
redditch shotblasters and powder coaters done the powder coating and the mudguard etc is shiny stainless but looks awful in piccies, must admit i have had a few people bouncing on the shock linkage testing it out for me all in im really pleased and pictures dont do it justice.

will put some more on next week when its got the calipers on and proper wheel

best regards
anthony
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: