An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

more manic sidecar building this week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moses

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: more manic sidecar building this week Reply with quote

hi all
got a bit more done this week after receiving a vtr sp2 1000 master cylinder i bought off ebay which fitted beautifully, also spent the morning at work machining a bit more of sidecar swingarm and my friend is welding it up next week(i can weld but my mates a registered welder).

hope i can work out how to put piccies on here eventually but if you want a look follow link.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=439216930&albumId=851678

i have also got all the rose joints and bearings for front end and plan in two weeks to take bike in to fit new cradle to the frame which will integrate the chs steering hopefully.
i really think what have i started with this project and im an engineer my poor old bike is getting gutted still no going back???????

best regards
anthony
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we get bored in winter when we can not get out riding, but stripping the complete bike downs a bit drastic ! Shocked

Or I've missed something and you've been forced down this path !

Keith
moses

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: more bodging Reply with quote

hi all
it was one of those things keith as the rig was perfectly ok beforehand but both tyres were bald and at £300 and the mileage that they had done i thought lets go for it and put proper wheels on???? i was lucky in that i already had a lot of the parts to do a conversion and with access to my own machine shop it should only cost me time mostly. i was bored really????

i have been selling parts off the bike as i remove them so this has financed a lot of it which up until now has cost me about £195 which was for the tyres, iv got a lot of motorcylists mates who have donated race cans,k&n filters,calipers etc

a bit more progress today though as my welder friend gave me my bits back so its time to remove the sidecar and fit new swingarm and an r1 shock i scrounged.

swaybar fitting time now as iv marked sidecar position to allow me to do this im still thinking oh my god what have i started again.
luckily i got my engine back today from being steam cleaned as im also rebuilding a yamaha tdm850 for normal motorcycling

have fun everyone and ill post piccies of swingarm fitted shortly hopefully
anthony
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much did the steam cleaning cost, if you don't mind me asking ?

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: