An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Global warming

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Global warming Reply with quote

Well summer as been and gone, I think we managed two days of sun in a row.
The rest of summer was overcast or heavy rain, which meant I did about 2,000 mile this year.

Lo and behold Autumn is here and we've had 4 days of sun and heat, so we've managed about 1,000 miles.

Huh !

Think I'll book my summer holidays in December next year Laughing

keith
bmcsheehy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's about 2000 miles more than me.
2011 Concourse / California Friendship III.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250s
1936 Ford Fordoor Humpback
www.Yankee-Engineering.com
Dar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Global warming Reply with quote

sidecarkeith wrote:
I have been planning a trip around England and wales, stopping off at Biker friendly cafes along the way.
Talking to the local bikers and getting their stories, given the distance and spending one day at each cafe.
It's going to take me around 6 weeks to do, following the black line on the map.

Keith,
I hope that included in the 2,000 miles was that trip you had planned around the country. Or was the weather really so miserable that you didn't do it?
2009 BMW R1200GS
1978 BMW R100RS
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar
You think the forum wouldn't have been full of pictures of where we'd been Laughing Laughing
Got things planned then the summer rain set in, we've had floods all over our route all summer long.
Whole villages under water and roads closed for weeks, it's been like the country as been sectioned off.
Also our house was finished in July, all the adaptations put in.
So given the weather i desided to do all the decorating before moving in.

Almost turned the house into a home, now is the time get out on the sidecar, and weather seems to be changing for the better.

Keith Big Grin
zentime

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidecarkeith wrote:

Got things planned then the summer rain set in, we've had floods all over our route all summer long.
Whole villages under water and roads closed for weeks, it's been like the country as been sectioned off.
Keith Big Grin

So if my wife and I ever make it to England, should we bring a sidecar or a BOAT!! Laughing Laughing

will August ever come............
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: