An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FNG Intro

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnK9JGS

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: FNG Intro Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm John from Noblesville, Indiana. I ride a '95 BMW K75 with a Hannigan Astro GT. I'm age 75 and about half retired, still working about three days a week.
I have sitting in the garage a beautiful 2005 Yamaha FJR1300 with less than 10K miles. I'm in conversation with Hannigan about putting a sidecar on it.
They can do the job, but it will be the first FJR for them. It will require a custom subframe because the FJR is pretty much all aluminum and there are no good attachment points such as you find on other bikes with steel frames.
I hope that you HPS folks can advise me about what changes might be needed to the steering of the FJR to make it reasonable to ride with a sidecar. I have a Leading Link on the BMW. There is a question about whether a Leading Link is even available for an FJR, or if such a thing would even be needed.
I have seen pictures of HPS rigs in Europe using FJRs but it doesn't seem to be at all a popular tug here in the US. Maybe that is because of the aluminum frame.
Anyway, I'm glad to meet you all and thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Ralph

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, Welcome to HPS world Very Happy Take a look at these on the FJR1300's

http://public.fotki.com/RalphG/sidecar_stuff/fjr1300rdsinstall/

http://public.fotki.com/RalphG/sidecar_stuff/bens-fjr1300-rds-2-hps/

I don't think there is a better CHS front end in the world than what comes on the Hanningan HPS sidecar set ups.
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John, Big Grin Big Grin
Welcome from England to a true international sidecar site. Question

Hope to hear more from you.

Keith Cool
docmike

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

Welcome,

I'd take a close look at the RDS setup on Jayboy's rig, it seems to move along pretty well.

Mike
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: