An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

well it's over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: well it's over Reply with quote

The NFL draft took place at the week-end, anyone happy.

The Penguins are 2-0 up on the Rangers, so now what do I do since the heavy thunderstorms seem to be endless since the New Year.
I didn't the world had this much water, boooo !

Keith
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: well it's over Reply with quote

sidecarkeith wrote:
The NFL draft took place at the week-end, anyone happy.

The Penguins are 2-0 up on the Rangers, so now what do I do since the heavy thunderstorms seem to be endless since the New Year.
I didn't the world had this much water, boooo !

Keith

After being cooped up all winter, all I can think about is going for a ride, not too much about sports and watching TV. Except forTop Gear on BBC America, Don't watch much TV anyway.

Isn't rain a way of life in the British Isle's Question

will August ever come............
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rain yes I think it's beginning to be a way of life here, i'm seriously thinking of putting a sidecar on a jetski Laughing Laughing I'd get more mileage out of it.
So what do you think of out very own Jeremy Clarckson then ?

keith
zentime

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidecarkeith wrote:
Rain yes I think it's beginning to be a way of life here, i'm seriously thinking of putting a sidecar on a jetski Laughing Laughing I'd get more mileage out of it.
So what do you think of out very own Jeremy Clarckson then ?

keith

RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN

sidecar on a Jet Ski.......humm EXCELLENT idea. I'll have to give that some thought! Laughing

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May are all AWESOME!! Top Gear is one of the best dam shows on TV. Paul here on the forum clued me into it. They are one funny group. I like that they tell it like it is. Some of the dumb races they do are hilarious. They all seem to be excellent drivers. I see and hear things on that show that I wouldn't get otherwise. I also get a lot more out of the news on BBC America than I do on any of the US major networks.

sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you know about Richaed Hammond being involved in a 200+ mph crash last year.
He was testing a drag bike for the show, it was touch and go for awhile whether he would be brain damaged.
It was on a disused airfield about 10 miles from me, it's used for drag racing, I took my Merlin up there a couple of years ago and got 130mph out of it.
It would have gone faster but my helmet was vibrating over my eyes, and yes Anne was in the chair.

Keith
zentime

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidecarkeith wrote:
Did you know about Richaed Hammond being involved in a 200+ mph crash last year.
He was testing a drag bike for the show, it was touch and go for awhile whether he would be brain damaged.
It was on a disused airfield about 10 miles from me, it's used for drag racing, I took my Merlin up there a couple of years ago and got 130mph out of it.
It would have gone faster but my helmet was vibrating over my eyes, and yes Anne was in the chair.

Keith

didn't know that. Do the 3 of them have a racing background?

130 mph! probably not too many places around you can do that Smile

sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.richardhammond.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=30
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6273973.stm
Maybe this wil tell the story better.

As far as I know Jeremy Clarkson as never raced he was and still is a car journalist, by the way he hates bikes of any discription.
He once campaigned to have bikes taken off the roads over here, so he's no friend of ours.

James May is into classic bikes and Hammond is into anything fast, including 90mph snowboarding Laughing

Keith
docmike

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
got 130mph out of it.

If I ever got 130 mph with my wife in the chair my right leg would be beaten black and blue. Laughing Big Grin Laughing
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
Ralph

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I would have to run off of a very very tall bridge and would be a little short of 130. Unless I had a good down draft. Smile
Me Thinks
zentime

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sidecarkeith wrote:
http://www.richardhammond.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=30
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6273973.stm
Maybe this wil tell the story better.

As far as I know Jeremy Clarkson as never raced he was and still is a car journalist, by the way he hates bikes of any discription.
He once campaigned to have bikes taken off the roads over here, so he's no friend of ours.

James May is into classic bikes and Hammond is into anything fast, including 90mph snowboarding Laughing

Keith

Keith, thanks for the links, interesting stuff. I didn't know Clarkson didn't like bikes. I wonder what that's all about.

BTW, aren't you a little too old to be doing 130mph! Laughing

sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen
Clarkson comes from a rich, very rich background.
He got where he is today through family money, like most rich peple he as a stable of fast cars in his garage.
Imagine he disgust to find a bike a 8th of the price of his Farrari ripping past him on the bendy roads near where he lives.
He would ban anything off our roads that he didn't think was worthy of his praise, just watch the programme carefully and you'll see he only tests the top of the range.
At least Hammond will test anything that moves.

Keith
docmike

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A while back a picked up one of the English motorcycles mags in the bookstore that had an interview with Clarkson, his anti bike bias was very evident.
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
Paul

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Jeremy doesn't like *anything*. Bikes aren't special in that regard. I'm sure he'd appreciate a decent sidecar outfit more than some stupid people carrier (translation: "minivan" in the USA).

Top Gear did a show on Hammond's accident, complete with crash footage. Crashes like that are the one unfortunate downside of having the best job on the planet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: