An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wake the hell up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ralph

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Wake the hell up Reply with quote

Wake the hell up Big Grin dig your asses out of the snow and post somethang. Smile Nuthinng like wineing about a little snow to make you not say something. Laughing
Flint

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No time for writing, its Time for meetings Laughing

http://www.3d4you.de/trips/3kt_08/3kt08_1.htm

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
docmike

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to rub it in a little, rode the rig to work the last two days, hit in the 70's (degrees F) yesterday. Big Grin Big Grin

(Driving the truck today, still haven't figured out how to carry 8 foot 2 by 6's in the rig.) Question
A JOURNEYMAN

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: this subject Reply with quote

I feel like such a wuss.Those pictures of snow with the riders in it are BRRRRRRRRRRRRR. I like the temp above 30 degrees F when I ride.
but I did get in 800miles this weekend( temp in the 50's with rain)!
Dar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Ralph, not everybody up here in the Northeast hibernates all winter. I rode the rig to work 2 days already this week - left it home today because of predicted rain and thunderstorms, but I feel ripped off - it's sunny and 50 degrees outside right now.

Quote:
No time for writing, its Time for meetings

Looks like a good time in the snow, Flint. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
bmcsheehy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm Busy working on the ZX-14 project. Buddies
2011 Concourse / California Friendship III.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250s
1936 Ford Fordoor Humpback
www.Yankee-Engineering.com
BSAVINTAGE

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:58 pm    Post subject: WAKE UP ! Reply with quote

60 DEGREES HERE YESTERDAY. PUT ABOUT 70 MILES ON THE RED BANDITO. IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED, THERE'S A BANDITO FOR SALE ON THE USCRA WEBSITE.
FRED IN CT.
Dar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

docmike wrote:

(Driving the truck today, still haven't figured out how to carry 8 foot 2 by 6's in the rig.) Question

It's easy - take the sidecar body off the frame, leave the body home and strap the 2 X 6's onto the bare frame.

Just be REALLY careful driving it to the lumberyard. Especially the righthand turns. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(Not sure about your EML, but the Bandito has a frame that would work.)
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I have no excuses we've no snow here except on the mountain tops, just gale force gusts of wind and endless drizzle.
But that could just be me getting over the xmas turkey Big Grin

Over there are few meetings or ride outs, those that are out and about tend to make their week-end runs to remote spots, which don't suit our lifestyle.
Most clubs now use this time to organise the ride outs and rallies later in the year making sure all the little details are checked.

I personnaly use this time to check the unit, grease over the joints and generally make sure everything is okay for summer.

Over here we have a annual MOT (Ministry of Transport) test, which involves testing brakes, lights, worthiess of body and engine. Basically make sure it stops/goes and doesn't fall apart on the public roads, you get a certificate for this which allows you back on the road for another year.
My sidecars due I March so it's nice to get everything ready so I can fly though the test without it costing me too much.

Being a Goverment department means it's just another way for them to take money out of our pockets Evil or Very Mad

Keith
docmike

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's easy - take the sidecar body off the frame, leave the body home and strap the 2 X 6's onto the bare frame.

With the sideways swing arm on the EML frame I'd have to stack up some wood pieces to get the 2 bys over the top of it, and rig up a temporary brake light / turn signal, but that should work. Big Grin
JayBoy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you have a trailer hitch?????? Question
docmike

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but I'm still waiting on my trailer.

hint, hint, if your reading this, not mentioning any names, you know who you are,,,, Big Grin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: