An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't want a s/c on my 2003 Concourse. So need some info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kawasakiken

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:11 am    Post subject: Don't want a s/c on my 2003 Concourse. So need some info. Reply with quote

OK I am 63 times around the Sun and on bike 15. The Connie is a great bike but as time goes by (too fast) I think the Bunk Muffin ( wife of 40 yrs). Would feel more comfortable in a s/c. I would like some input on what I should be looking for in a Naked m/c. No Harleys please. I thought about the V-Max, but know that the frame is not that strong.
Ken
British Columbia. Canada Question
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't want a s/c on my 2003 Concourse. So need some info Reply with quote

kawasakiken wrote:
OK I am 63 times around the Sun and on bike 15. The Connie is a great bike but as time goes by (too fast) I think the Bunk Muffin ( wife of 40 yrs). Would feel more comfortable in a s/c. I would like some input on what I should be looking for in a Naked m/c. No Harleys please. I thought about the V-Max, but know that the frame is not that strong.
Ken

You might consider getting touch with the various manufacturers and give them a general idea of the kind of bikes you're interested in and see which ones they've already fitted a sidecar to. If someone already has engineered a good set of mounts/sub frame for a particular bike you'd probably be better off going in that direction. Bikes with a full steel frame wold be the easiest to do. I've seen several V-Max rigs. Hope that helps and welcome to the forum Very Happy
alcatrazhack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Don't want a s/c on my 2003 Concourse. So need some info Reply with quote

kawasakiken wrote:
Ken

Why not a sidecar on a Connie? I love Connies..I used to have one for commuting.

Just don't put a Velorex on a Connie. Lower the Connie suspension, and get a custom seat to make the seat even lower. With a nice sidecar it will do very well.

A friend of mine did that with a velorex without any modifications, by Doug B., not exactly a safe combination. But then, if you know Doug, there is nothing called "dangerous combination"s Wink ("Ballast? What Ballast?")
Garelli Monza GT
Kenna Sidecar (Project)

Have Pole, Will Crash
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: