An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bandito's trip to Alaska

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Bandito's trip to Alaska Reply with quote

A few pictures from my recent trip .

The whole crew as we entered Alaska on the Top of the World Highway, between Dawson City, Yukon and Tok, Alaska (I'm the one with the gray beard, second from left)

We drove as far west as you can go in North America (staying on the roads- we didn't do any off-roading with the sidecar)

and we saw some pretty amazing scenery along the way-
Horsetail Falls, a few miles north of Valdez

and Folded Mountain, British Columbia

a closeup of Folded Mountain

Picked up a few bugs and some mud along the way

And got run into by my friend who likes to follow too closely

But we all had a great time, and took time to celebrate our good fortune along the way - (the beer was only after we were finished riding for the day)
Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Grin Way Cool, but me thinks there is something wrong with you Big Grin
Dar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes you say that Ralph Question Question Question

Is it the funny looking guys I travel with? (well OK, we didn't have any good looking women along, like all those I met at Maggie Valley last year.)

Or that darker than normal looking beer we're all drinking? It was good though. and the whisky and cigars came out after we returned to our campsite after dinner.

Or that funny looking plate of food in front of me? it looks maybe like corn with red and green stuff in it, but I sure can't remember what it was.

Or is it just the fact that I drove the rig all that way? Well, my excuse, as I explained elsewhere on the forum a while back - I HAD to drive it 'cause I don't have a trailer for it. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
legalr

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Bandito's trip to Alaska Reply with quote

Dar wrote:
A few pictures from my recent trip .

Congrats on your Alaskan trip, Dar! We'll want to hear all about it next time we meet. The Two Bills finished my new rig and I pick it up Sunday!

Larry Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
bmcsheehy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing
Sure looks like the trip of a life time.
I little to far for me, but I like looking at the picture, beautiful country.
Motorcycle Happy
2011 Concourse / California Friendship III.
2016 Suzuki Bandit 1250s
1936 Ford Fordoor Humpback
www.Yankee-Engineering.com
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bet you got lots of stories o tell your grandkids Haha !
Amazing journey, amazing friends ! Big Grin

Keith
Dar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmcsheehy wrote:
Sure looks like the trip of a life time.

Actually, it's my second motorcycle trip to Alaska, and hopefully not my last. Lots of stuff up there I haven't seen yet. I still haven't gotten to Prudhoe Bay, for example. Maybe I'll have the time once I've retired and don't have to worry about getting back to work in 4 or 5 weeks... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sidecarkeith wrote:
bet you got lots of stories o tell your grandkids Haha !
Amazing journey, amazing friends !

Better watch out, Keith. Yorkshire is on my list of places to go, too. Visited there for work a couple of years ago, but was stuck doing that work thing, and driving on 4 wheels, so didn't see nearly enough of it. Did get to drink my share of good beer, though. Big Grin Big Grin
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar
Let me know when your coming next, I sure I can take you to our local biker haunts

Squire's Cafe given any sunny Sunday.
Keith
Dar

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith, thanks for the invite. I don't have any particular plans to visit anytime soon, so don't hold your breath waiting. As I said, Yorkshire is just on the list of places to visit again. I checked the map for Squires Cafe, and it looked familiar - I was just down the road at Castleford. The plant I was working at has since closed, so not likely to get a free ride back.
Dar
sidecarkeith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey up dar lad hows thy going kid ! haha Big Grin

Castleford blinking heck, you not see my sidecar around the streets, haha !
I have a 1964 Triton which I occationaly use for the castleford classic bike club meets at the "Britt pub" on the A656 Barnsdale road heading north of Castleford.
Being a social event normally I'd take my wife have the sidecar parked out front.
I don't advice a visit just yet anyway for you the money trade is against you, being $2 to every £1 which is aboutthe price of a cup of coffee, I think $2 a cup is a bit much given unlike over there you don't get free refills here.

But if you desided some time let me know, only too happy to show you the real Yorkshire and not the touristy thing.

Regards
Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> Pictures / Photos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: