An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reno-Fernley Super Cycle Weekend Aug 17-19 (Sidecar Racing)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moike the Squid

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reno-Fernley Super Cycle Weekend Aug 17-19 (Sidecar Racing) Reply with quote

Preface: About a dozen Vampires are riding out for this event to watch Sarah and I race. If you've ever wanted to ride on the back of a F1 or F2 sidecar at -very- high speeds... this is the weekend to do it. We have more practice time than the passengers generally have endurance for, and can always use stand in passengers for those that meet the requirements.

http://www.reno-fernleyraceway.com/schedule_event.php?ID=706

What: Super Moto, Side Car Racing, and Super Bike Stunt Riders
Where: Road Course
When: 8/17 - 8/19 2007

Friday: Sidecar Practice ~ Super Moto Race school and Practice

Saturday: Super Moto VET, ATV and Kids Classes Plus Super Side America Side Car Racing and the Ruff Ryders Stunt Performance

Sunday: Super Moto +40 Premier and Round Six Nor-Cal Championship Plus Side Car Racing and The Ruff Ryders Stunt Performance

Day Pass: 10 Dollars

Weekend Pass: 15 Dollars

Children under six free

Camping : 10 Dollars per night (must be self contained)

4t

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:50 am    Post subject: monkey time Reply with quote

If I could only get this dam star trek transporter Evil or Very Mad working i,d be there Big Grin Big Grin . Have fun you lucky takers Very Happy
Moike the Squid

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(bump) I'm packing the Scooby-doo and trailer as we speak and headed for Reno at Noon from Santa Cruz.

CSR is all prepped and in full fighting trim.

And, my little personal touch in my section of the rig... Rich Corinthian Leather on all the grabrails.

-Mike-
4t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moike Lookin Good Man Cool Cool Cool

Good Luck Be Safe!

4t
alcatrazhack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean told me Mr. Bill won.... Big Grin Good for him, broken collarbone or not!
Garelli Monza GT
Kenna Sidecar (Project)

Have Pole, Will Crash
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
alcatrazhack

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moike the Squid wrote:
(bump) I'm packing the Scooby-doo and trailer as we speak and headed for Reno at Noon from Santa Cruz.

CSR is all prepped and in full fighting trim.

And, my little personal touch in my section of the rig... Rich Corinthian Leather on all the grabrails.

-Mike-

Hey Mike and Sarah, where is the handlebar fake front brake? Wink
Garelli Monza GT
Kenna Sidecar (Project)

Have Pole, Will Crash
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Moike the Squid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alcatrazhack wrote:

Hey Mike and Sarah, where is the handlebar fake front brake? Wink

Oh, hehe... At the first race of the 2006 Season out at RFR Sarah was complaining that her hand was cramping up using the 'trigger'. I told her she just wasn't used to it and needed to get out there and drive more.

The next day during practice she took a break and I jumped in the cockpit with Wade on the back to run some laps to test some suspension changes I made. After about three laps I was shocked to find that my 'triggger' hand was cramping up right between my thumb and index finger every time I tried to hold the CSR in a left and modulate the throttle with the trigger.

I came back into the pits, apologized to Sarah, and when we got home I switched out the trigger for a BBR quick-turn throttle for a Honda 'fiddy'.

Sarah loves it. Her idea of throttle input is 'all' and 'none'. God bless Honda, they make a powerful (and durable) engine.

-Mike-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: