An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BadCat @ Willow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moike the Squid

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: BadCat @ Willow Reply with quote

Sarah and I had another good weekend with the F1 out with the SRA at Willow Springs. It was a nearly perfect weekend for us with only one team having a minor off-track detour in Saturday practice. But the rig stayed on all three wheels and the passenger was fit to race on Sunday.

Sarah gets faster every time we go out. She figured out that the bigger numbers on the tach just aren't there for show, and that if you make the tach needle go really high, things get fun. She also had an epiphany about reference points for getting turn-in and exits set using reference points, and started nailing some corners that were giving her trouble.

And then she learned that once you get really -really- good at a corner, you'll go around the track as fast as you possibly can just so you can do that one corner again. Faster. And again, and again...

We placed 7th on Sunday.

Needless to say with her going faster I'm black and blue, and maybe I should skip that 2nd beer now and then. Also I should probably work out instead of just watching her work out. I'm finding out that fitness doesn't work by osmosis.

We made a video out in Saturday practice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEGh4hCpguQ

Very Happy

-Mike-
Moike the Squid

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Action shots... Very Happy

A JOURNEYMAN

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Road America Reply with quote

Are you guys going to race in Wisconsin the first weekend in June??
Moike the Squid

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, much to my dismay we're skipping Road America.

I'm from St. Paul, MN. And most my family lives in WI. So it would have been a short ride out on the bikes for my Dad and most my family to come watch us race. And I wanted to get my Dad out on the back of the F1 for a couple laps around RA.

Hopefully we'll be out to RA next season.

Several teams loaded up right after Willow and headed towards Wisconsin.

-Mike-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: