An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Outing for the Season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:22 pm    Post subject: First Outing for the Season Reply with quote

Went for my first (other than commuting to work and such local stuff) outing with the rig yesterday. It was a short (200 mile total) ride to southwestern Mass. to pick up some old BMW parts.

Took the opportunity to meet up with new member Fred (BSAVINTAGE) who will soon be joining the ranks of HP sidecar riders with a new Bandito, and show him my Bandito. After riding my rig for just a few miles, I think he's satisfied that he's made a good choice. And after me riding his older BMW/Sputnik for those same few miles, I now have some appreciation of what I missed by starting out with a state of the art (at least as of 2 years ago) outfit. I think we both came away happy from the meeting.

And it didn't rain TOO hard on the way back home.
Dar Suzuki Moto Guzzi BMW
BSAVINTAGE

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar, thanks again for the opportunity to ride your Bandito. I think you have to ride an old LPS to really appreciate the engineering that went into the HPS Bandito. Sorry you guys got wet. We made it back home before the rain arrived.

Fred Big Grin
zentime

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll Fred, welcome to the other side Big Grin

Going to make it to Maggie Valley Question

Did you guys take any pictures when you got together Question
Dar

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zentime wrote:

Did you guys take any pictures when you got together Question

I had the camera in my pocket, but unfortunately it stayed there for the whole trip. Should have taken a picture of the chrome BMW car grill on the front of Fred's orange Sputnik, though. Cool Cool
Dar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: