An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

**SOLD** - Yamaha FJ1200 w/ hack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redrocket800

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:59 am    Post subject: **SOLD** - Yamaha FJ1200 w/ hack Reply with quote

*****SOLD******

With a heavy heart I'm posting this, just as i'm learning to fly it too.
It turns out my daughter would rather be on the back of my 2 wheeler.
Located in Southern California

1989 Yamaha FJ1200 with a California Friendship Sidecar attached to it. The bike has 42,000 miles on it, and runs STRONG. It pulls the sidecar, with a passenger with ease.
The bikes paint is original, and looks very good. It has a freshly recovered Corbin Gunfighter seat. It also has a custom-built leading link front fork. To handle the extra weight the front brakes have been upgraded with “Blue” brake calipers as on a Yamaha R1. There is a new Metzeler ME880 Marathon tire on the rear. Otherwise the bike is stock.

The sidecar was added to it last year. Paint and stripes match perfectly. It is big enough for an adult, and the bucket seat is freshly upholstered with Black vinyl, and with a matching Grey cloth insert. It has a seatbelt too. I added airplane vents into the windshield for extra ventilation. It also has a seat belt, and LED taillights. The alloy wheel is freshly powder-coated to match the bikes wheels, and it has a new Maxxis car radial tire on it.
I replaced all of the hardware on the sidecar, including the wheels studs, and lugs.
In addition it has snap on full tonneau cover with zipper opening, and full convertible roof with side curtains that are all in great shape.

This sidecar combo with leading link front end is very well put together and it tracks straight. It pulls straight on acceleration, and this bike will accelerate. I’ve had it over 100 mph on many occasions, and I never soiled my shorts. It’s a true High Performance Sidecar.

$ 7000 OBO

Last edited by redrocket800 on Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
redrocket800

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a link to more pictures

http://imageevent.com/greenagain/fj1200
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: