An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We're back!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zentime

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: We're back! Reply with quote

We're back! ...or are you just happy to see me? ...or are you just happy to see me? A huge thanks to Paul for getting us back together. Unfortunatly it looks like we've lost some posting. In part becasue it was the end of Febuary the last time I did a backup. It might have been possible to salvage more but the amount of time it would have taken, would have been unreasonable to ask of anyone.

Ok, before we make any changes to the forum, how about some ideas on the setup. Should we re-create the old topics? New ones? delete some? Is there something you'd like to see that we didn't have? Any ideas on how to encourage more participation?

admin

BTY, my apologies to anyone that sent mail to admin@hpsidecars.com and didn't get a reply. I though I had it forwarded to my every day e-maill address but didn't, so I never saw it Sad sorry about that. It's fixed now.
SRADkneedragger

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really glad the boards Back up!
docmike

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old categories seemed to work out pretty well.

Maybe add one for rig and ride pictures
67 Triumph 650 chopper
92 Suzuki GS500 (eldest son)
JayBoy

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back and thanks! While it might be a pain I sure would like to see everyone repost pictures of their stuff!
swaybar2002

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the forum is back up! Smile

Founder: Internet Sidecar Owners Klub
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SCT/

I.S.O.K Sidecar RON-DEE-VOO III ..
First full weekend in August!! Thursday through Sunday!!
Weikert, Pa ..more details coming
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Dar

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the old categories seemed to work pretty well (says the relative newby), at least I seemed to figure them out pretty quickly.

As for reposting old material - the info on sidecar doings at the Americade would be appreciated sooner rather than later, if possible.

Thanks
bruce_in_pa18015

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dar,

Hope to see you there.

Bruce.

CALLING ALL SIDECARISTS

To all current and future sidecarists, you are invited to the 6th Annual Informal Gathering of Sidecars, at the Americade Tour & Rally in Lake George, NY USA. We will gather Friday June 9th between 3pm and 6pm, at the south west corner of Fort George Battleground Park under the large Willow trees, off of West Brook Road, to kick tires, share stories, take pictures, ask questions, see and be seen. All sidecars are welcome, new, antique, high performance, home built, one off, unique, and bizarre. If it has one wheel on the side, we want to see it.

This event has grown from 11 sidecars the first year, to 50 last year. From the early inquiries, we should top that this year. In addition to the reasons we gather listed above, the Gathering has also become a source of information for people wanting to get involved in this part of the sport, but want to see and ask questions before taking the plunge. Everyone at the Gathering has been most helpful in sharing their experiences and knowledge. If this applies to any of you, drop on by and say hello. Ask all the questions you want, we’ll be glad to provide answers the best we can.

We have been getting a nice selection of rigs, from antique to modern, cruisers to tourers and high performance flat cornering G-force generators. If you’re not sure the type of sidecar you want, you will get a good idea of what’s out there, from what shows up at this event.

We plan to have a nice selection of door prizes to hand out this year, as well as some new sidecar product brochures and sidecar event information. I thank the following door prize sponsors for supporting this event. Hack’d Magazine, United Sidecar Association, Progressive Suspension, Works Performance Products, inc., Operating Technical Electronics Inc., Harley-Davidson.

On Thursday June 8th, I will lead sidecarists on a leisurely informal ride through the Adirondacks. We will leave from the parking lot of the Prospect Mountain Diner at 9am. The diner is located on Canada Street (Rt. 9) just south of the Holiday Inn on the same side of the street. All sidecars are welcome, try and arrive a half-hour early with a full tank of gas and an empty bladder.

If you have never been to Americade, check out www.tourexpo.com for the weeks activities. Attendance is holding about 50,000, and a good portion of them attend the Vendor area called TourExpo. Our Gathering is close to this area, in fact we hold the Gathering in one of the large grassy parking areas that is used for those visiting the Vendors. Because attendance for TourExpo has been up the past few years, the area we use for the Gathering is still pretty full of two wheelers when our event starts at 3pm. Try and get as close as you can when you arrive, and move in closer as the two wheelers leave. I will have signs out directing sidecarists to the general area under the large Willow trees.

Here are some other sidecar activities for the week and they will all be held at Roaring Brook Ranch. Sidecar judging on Wednesday at 9am. A seminar on touring & sport sidecar riding by David Hannigan on Thursday at 3pm.

Even if you can’t spend a few days at Americade, don’t let that stop you from dropping by the Gathering on Friday and spending a few hours with like minded motorcyclists. We’d love to see you.

For additional information, contact Bruce D. Stephens at B_L_Stephens@netzero.net.

Bruce
Dar

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruce,
Thanks for the information. I'm hoping to be there Thursday AM for the ride and Friday for the Gathering.

Dar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: