An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leaning sidecar or HPS rig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mavbike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Leaning sidecar or HPS rig Reply with quote

I'm a newbe (FNG). Never considered a sidecar rig,,but now growing family demands a way to bring children on the bike, or drive the car.
Currently I ride a 2002 Harley FXDX with a few minor engine mods. This bike has the fully adjustable suspension and handles very well considering it is not a sportbike. Very Happy
Most of our riding is 2-up with camping gear,,we ride 300 to 700 miles in a weekend mostly on mountain roads.
I would like to find or build a rig that would let us bring 2 small children in relative confort and still have good performance on the mountain roads.

I am interested in input from anyone that has or has had, one of the leaning sidecar rigs,,,like the ARMEC or the FLEXIT. Money is tight,,we can not afford a 10 or 15 thousand dollar rig.

Seaking Advice,,,Input,,,Ideas???? Question Question
zentime

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Leaning sidecar or HPS rig Reply with quote

mavbike wrote:
I'm a newbe (FNG). Never considered a sidecar rig,,but now growing family demands a way to bring children on the bike, or drive the car.
Currently I ride a 2002 Harley FXDX with a few minor engine mods. This bike has the fully adjustable suspension and handles very well considering it is not a sportbike. Very Happy
Most of our riding is 2-up with camping gear,,we ride 300 to 700 miles in a weekend mostly on mountain roads.
I would like to find or build a rig that would let us bring 2 small children in relative confort and still have good performance on the mountain roads.

I am interested in input from anyone that has or has had, one of the leaning sidecar rigs,,,like the ARMEC or the FLEXIT. Money is tight,,we can not afford a 10 or 15 thousand dollar rig.

Seaking Advice,,,Input,,,Ideas???? Question Question

I think Kubaswing is the only one here that has owned both. If he doesn't pickup on this thread you might try sending him a PM or e-mail. It would be good to hear his thoughts here on the forum
bill

will August ever come............
caracic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: see the flexit users site Reply with quote

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/flexitsidecarclub/
Ralph

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drive the car Smile
Flint

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi mavbike

So i read this thread also now. Bevore my FJ i drive a leaner for 3 1/2 years. At the first time my doughter was 2 years old. We had a lot of fun with this Sidecar Rig, its really good to drive, not very expensive and in 5 minutes you can drive the machine solo, and also it is a really eyecatcher Cool
Quote:
would like to find or build a rig that would let us bring 2 small children in relative confort and still have good performance on the mountain roads.
to the Harley, i dont know, there is one with a KALICH-Leaner in Germany. So i think, its possibile, not in really confort, but maybe for your kids ok. I never done 2 Kids in mine, so i buy me the FJ Wink
I also think that the Armec is a little to small for 2 Kids, the Flexit is ok but maybe not possible to screw on a Harley.
here are some links and Pic`s where you can find mor infos, but only in german Confused :

http://www.flint.at/html/schwenker.html its mine
http://www.kalich.de/html/schwenker.html Kalich
http://www.schwenker-gespann-club.de/ here you find also all other leaners, klick left side on "Übersicht"
http://www.moppedseite.de/schwenker/schwenker.htm another leaner Site

if you need more infos, let me know, but my english is not so perfect Wink
maybe mr. Kalich himself can also help you, he also speaks english.

Moto Guzzi Stelvio/Swing
or BMW R 1150 GS/Ural
borobeamer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:09 am    Post subject: Looking For H.P. car & CBRXX rig Reply with quote

I currently ride a 99 BMW Lt. I 'm a newbe to side cars & was looking for a used Blackbird Rig. Anyone know of the where abouts of one?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    An international forum for people interested in modern high performance road going sidecars. Forum Index -> HPSidecar Technical Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: